PDA

View Full Version : Mtl

GustyOrange
25th Jan 2003, 20:27
Radar,

Could you please confirn that the MYT thread was closed courtesy of the curry man.

I posted nothing but factual statements that I would be happy to explain to those not financially minded.

Gusty

Sheep fancier
26th Jan 2003, 12:14
Gusty O, I'd certainly appreciate if you'd elaborate on the figures.
And hopefully that chap from Livingston will keep out of it:(

SF

Hogg
26th Jan 2003, 12:30
It was closed because of the bickering between a few posters. Simple really, we all got day jobs and its easier to moderate forums without the "throwing toys outa cot crap".

Hogg

GustyOrange
27th Jan 2003, 08:44
Sheep fancier,

You can download the latest Annual report here

http://www.baa.com/main/corporate/investor_relations_frame.html

Look at segmental analysis, which comes just after the accounts as a note. You will see a breakdown of the numbers by airport.

Return on capital employed (ROCE) is a key measure of the profitability of an enterprise. It basically measures how much profit is made relative to how much is invested to make that profit and is normally used by management to decide where to invest more of the company's capital.

The point I made earlier was that right now ROCE is exactly the same at GLA and EDI. However adding the substantial capital cost of a new tower at EDI would alter that.

It would appear though that politics will play a bigger part in future expansion than economics.

Gusty