PDA

View Full Version : Accom. @ Shuttleworth College exam venue

Hot&Heavy
23rd Mar 2001, 14:44
Hi there,

is there anyone else sitting CAA ATPL Nav exams at Shuttleworth College on April 4&5?

I am looking for a B&B or similar while they are on and would appreciate any tips on somewhere I can stay for a couple of nights.

Thanks, H&H

smallfish
23rd Mar 2001, 15:29
I stayed in the manor at Shuttleworth for a few days over the exam week (adjacent building to the exam rooms). It was basic but very peaceful for revision and not too many distractions. There are a restaurant and bar on the premises and a nice pub 10 minutes walk. Found the gardens etc good for relaxation too.

Island Hopper
23rd Mar 2001, 15:38
I stayed there too - about £26 a night, I think... inc. a good cooked breakfast!

foghorn
23rd Mar 2001, 16:06
Don't forget to go and have a look at the old aeroplanes. And take some warm clothes, because when I was there in October they weren't heating the exam hall.

Island Hopper
23rd Mar 2001, 16:56
Exam Hall?
Tent you mean!

Hot&Heavy
23rd Mar 2001, 17:32
Thanks all. Who in the college did you need to contact to arrange staying in the 'manor'?

I'll look them up in the white pages anyway, but if you have any shortcuts it would be appreciated.

Cheers, H&H

smallfish
23rd Mar 2001, 19:10
The contact address and tel no were given on the exam booking info I received from the caa. Give caa a ring if you can't find any details.

Joe Smallfish

The man formerly known as
23rd Mar 2001, 19:31
Yep I'm going to be there.

Do you have any detials on the accomodation?

Have you also heard they might be moving it to Gatwick if the the Foot and Mouth gets worse.