PDA

View Full Version : gatwick...the truth,

kaybee
25th Jan 2003, 10:40
can any of u ppruners help me at all??????? im due to start with an airline in march based at lgw and was wondering if any of u realistically knew what the cost of living down there is like? im just hoping i dont have to live like a student till oct 31st????
thanx all...
xxxxxxxx

pilotwolf
25th Jan 2003, 16:45
Well it really depends on what you are looking for....

Double rooms start about £70 per week upto £800 per week for a 4 bed country house!

Give us some ideas of what you are looking for and how close to the airport you want to be and I ll get you some prices.

If you are at Gatwick goto the staff resturants - Ashdown House (South Terminal) and Longbridge House (North Terminal) and look at the notice boards as they are crammed with rooms to let. Also try Gatwick Life and Skyport - both free papers available from LGW and surrounding shops and petrol stations.

go flyer down the back
25th Jan 2003, 17:13
what airline will you be flying for ????????

jmccrew
25th Jan 2003, 22:52
As you have access to the net ,then do a search on estate agents that do rents ... plus when you are on your course you will not be the only new entrant looking for a place to live . see who you get on with best on your course and thinking about sharing a house with them .... housing around horley and crawley/brighton is geared for renting . you should have no probs

kaybee
26th Jan 2003, 13:05
thanx so much jmccrew,,,, whats its like working for this company? im starting in march and very excited. how long is the training for jmc/thomas cook and is the new uniform nice?

jmccrew
28th Jan 2003, 21:13
jmc/thomas cook is cool, people are very freindly you will enjoy it .. as long as you like hard work and working odd hours :-) .. new uniform is fab all crew love it !!!! seems BA have the same idea as their,s is very simliar to ours

kaybee
29th Jan 2003, 09:19
heard nothing but good stuff bout crew of jmc. which is cool!!! can i ask u what are the odds of getting kept on?

jmccrew
29th Jan 2003, 21:18
the odds of being kept are very small you will be assessed over the length of your contract and all being well be asked back the following year ... as you might be aware jmc used to offer full time contracts from start date but because charter flying is seasonal this could not be sustained .however due to people leaving having families etc full time contracts do become available but these are offered to rentrants 1st

lotty
1st Feb 2003, 06:55
hi kaybee im going to give gatwick accom a call today fingers crossed !have you handed your notice in yet ? im going to do it on monday, ive been weighing up the pros and cons ,and im now pretty sure that i want to do it !! have you had your start pack yet ? if so whats in it and how much work can i expect to have to do before the training starts??

kaybee
1st Feb 2003, 14:53
cant wait...no info yet..still waiting and twiddling me thumbs

jmccrew
3rd Feb 2003, 18:56
you shouold get an info pack a month before your start date

kaybee
4th Feb 2003, 15:01
wud that include study stuff? not long till i get to quit my job. woohoo

jmccrew
4th Feb 2003, 21:13
its an information pack and pre course study book

Soliciting Stu
5th Feb 2003, 10:12
Hi all, I am starting training with Britannia in March and like everybody else am looking for somewhere in Gatwick/Crawley area! Any interests?
PS. My name is Julee, not soliciting Stu!