PDA

View Full Version : Palm software to convert PDF to Word

EPIRB
25th Jan 2003, 05:24
Does anyone know of any software available to convert PDF files to Word for downloading on to a Palm? I was told about Aportis but they don't exist any longer.

UK-Kiwi
25th Jan 2003, 11:55
I don't know if converters exist, why should they when the pdf reader is free?
I'd expect rather than a converter that it would be more likely that palm had a pdf reader?

I'm just guessing here, no knowledge really.

At minimum you could copy and paste the text out of the pdf into word, but it means you lose the formatting/pictures etc.

Spitoon
27th Jan 2003, 20:00
Acrobat (not just the free Reader) will save the content as RTF which you can open in Word. It's not terribly clever though and extracts things like headers in the midst of the real text. To be fair it's a limitation of the PDF file format rather than the software and I think stems from the fact that PDF was intended to be a viewable format only.

EPIRB
28th Jan 2003, 02:44
Thanks for the replies. I have phrased my question incorrectly. What I meant was that I was after a program that converts PDA to a formatt that I can then transfer the document on to my Palm. I downloaded the Adobe one but when I went to hotsync the document across, it told me that I didn't have enough RAM. I am running a Palm 500 and apart from the usual stuff that comes with it, the only other program I am running is Captains Keeper.
The document I want to have on my Palm is 9,653 kb. I keep getting the message "Delete some files and try again later". What files would I delete? I have a backup card with plenty of space available. Does this store things like the calculator? Would it be feasible to delete the calculator? Any suggestions?

Celloistic
29th Jan 2003, 12:37
EPIRB

Have you visited www.palmgear.com?

I find it great in all sorts of ways - a lot of the apps are freeware, the others being time-limited demos (but last long enough for you to do your conversion).

Good luck anyway.

atb

Cello