PDA

View Full Version : Images of new QCC Uniform?

yellow rocket
25th Jan 2003, 04:51
Prompted to write this post after having a peak at BA's 'Heroes' collection.

Last I heard the new QCC uniform was supposed to be ready by this coming April.

Anyone know of any updates or images available?

jmccrew
25th Jan 2003, 22:54
female fight attentants uniform is very much like the new Thomas cook Airlines uniform

Bodum
26th Jan 2003, 09:15
When you say "QCC" uniform, do you mean Qantas Cabin Crew uniform?

We have a new Uniform set for launch mid year, designed by Morrissey. Fittings for Cabin Crew commenced this month. Details regarding the uniform, colour, etc have remained a secret. We do know its single breasted though and that Cabin Crew will be provided with a "branded" wheelaboard.

Thats about all we know at this stage, anyone else got any further info? :)

qfmike737
26th Jan 2003, 14:17
I heard that the men will no longer have a vest or jacket! They will just have a long sleave shirt.

I think that the vest and jacket looked quite appropriate and that it was good for when crew dropped into cooler ports OR if the notorious qantas curry out of Sydney was overflowing and spilt onto the white shirts LOL.

yellow rocket
26th Jan 2003, 21:08
Sorry Bodum, yes I meant QF Cabin Crew.

Cart_tart
27th Jan 2003, 03:23
have heard charcoal grey and blood red. just like the city flyer colours.
apparentally flat fronted pants for women.

yellow rocket
27th Jan 2003, 05:08
And flat fronted pants for the boys too PLEASE!!

No pleats *puke*.

Bodum
27th Jan 2003, 05:24
Friend of mine has been fitted already for the new uniform. No colors available as yet, big secret. There is a scarf, the dress comes in two options, print or plain, there are pants and of course skirts. The shirt is plain or print (I think) and the scarf is attached to the collar. Different color scarfs for onboard managers/supervisors as per current Harry Who design. Ground staff uniform is also different.

The jacket and vest is still present with the new uniform, and I believe CSMs will no longer have option on short sleave shirts....:eek: (will be interesting in those hot climates on standoff!!)

Forgive me if not entirely accurate, second hand information I thought that may be of interest. Will know more when im fitted next month. Bye yall :)

MissShagwell
27th Jan 2003, 07:33
Hi all,

I have heard that those in the know have all signed confidentiality agreements, so that no-one will know for sure until it is released.
Cart Tart - I have also heard of the charcoal pants and rust coloured jacket, however, apparantly its just a rumour to keep staff happy.
Word at the moment is that there will be pants, which will sit lower on the hips than the current type, an A-line skirt also to fit lower on the hips and a dress with a thin style belt similar to Virgins'.
All fittings are done in a dummy coloured fabric

Cheers guys,

Shaggs :D

ditzyboy
27th Jan 2003, 21:32
Re. the long sleeve shirts...

I too heard that male FAs had only the long option in addition to CSMs.... Someone getting confused me thinks. Anyway the airlines have in the past lost the 'long sleeves only battle' with the FAAA. One that comes to mind is the 1986 dispute with Ansett. I have read a little into it. Very interesting.

What about little hats? :) That would be really camp!

Speaking of camp... Do any Impulse (real Impulse) people remember the purple aprons?! That was a laugh and a half! The official reason for their being axed - "We are having trouble finding someone to launder them." I think that they had a harder time finding people to wear them!

cabinboy
20th Feb 2003, 00:16
re: the long sleeve shirt

I have also heard that men will no longer be issued with short sleeved shirts, as much as I like morrisey and the idea of long sleeve shirts I question his naive view on this if it is true. No doubt in his design he has only considered that aircraft push back from and aerobridge and also dock on one - has he ever flown on a dash 8 or to airports that use airstairs ?

Come fly with Qantaslink Peter to Tamworth, Ballina, Coffs Harbour, Emerald , Longreach , Barcaldine , Roma , Charleville - try doing your preflight checks on an aircraft with no APU that has been sitting in the sun for 3 hours then fly in it for 1/2 hour till the air con starts finally cooling down the cabin, then once landing clean the cabin on the turnaround at an airport where the local temp is 35+ degrees ( that is only the temp outside the a/c - imagine being inside ) and the a/c is not attached to an aerobridge !

oh yes, and also do it wearing a tie ! at least the link girls don't have to wear something tight around the neck ! Sorry but if long sleeves go ahead for the QFLINK boys then i'll be buying my own short sleeved to wear with the new uniform !

CB

Alpha Charlie Bravo
20th Feb 2003, 01:33
Yeah, long sleeve shirts for new uniform, what can I say?

Management - 0
Staff - 1

Apparently, the FAAA wins again on this one, but they'll try it on again in ten years time when the uniform gets it's five year refurb.

Cheers;)