PDA

View Full Version : ACL 727's to Singapore

coopervane
24th Jan 2003, 23:33
Hello, does anyone have any info on the Singapore company that has just taken the lease on two ex ACL 727's?

Aircraft just been ferried down there this month so if its a new start up it could be imminent.

Any info gratefully received

regards Coop

mutt
25th Jan 2003, 08:06
I understood that they were going to Jakarta.

Mutt

neil armstrong
25th Jan 2003, 14:48
The A/C went to Tri-M.G. Airlines in Jakarta ,they operate for UPS with a B737-200 freighter.
One A/C will be used for parts the other one will probably also fly for UPS.
Here is some contact info(i dont know or they look for crews!)
Muhamad M.I.(Deputy Chairman)
Halim Perdana Kusuma Airport
Terminal Building 2nd floor
Jakarta 13610
Indonesia
Phone 62-21-80871550
FAX 62-21-80871555
email [email protected]

Good Luck

Neil

freightdriver
25th Jan 2003, 15:55
Just to add: you can contact Capt. Yoyo B. Soebiyanto, Dir of Ops.
2 set of aircrew is departing to Jordan for their initial and I know that they are hiring expats as stop gap solution for first2-3 months of ops in HK.(UPS):)

Is the aircraft in good condition when it was operated by ACL? and by the way who is ACL? sorry for my ignorance....

neil armstrong
26th Jan 2003, 00:22
ACL is Air Contractors Ltd. in Ireland.
The A/C are OK but old , i had a lot of fun flying them in the last couple of years

Neil

VIKING9
26th Jan 2003, 08:57
A contract that Cougar could have picked up if they had decent people to go and find work like this......but then, they got rid of all the good people didn't they. June 2003 is not too far away and I fear the silence will fall upon those JT8-217's before long. But then the MD will take his money and run (as predicted)......

Good luck to ACL though, nice one :p

Hogg
26th Jan 2003, 12:20
Viking, nowt to do with ACL, the aircraft leases were up, so the lessor found the work for EI-HCC/HCD with Tri-Mg, perhaps HCB will be shifted from Kemble as I hear Tri-Mg may be interested in a second spares a/c.

To FreightDriver: The aircraft are in pretty good nick considering theyre 1968 vintage.

coopervane
26th Jan 2003, 20:46
Hey Hogg,
U coming down there then...be a bit of a laugh!

Seriously, I have sent all me stuff to the geezer in charge and if the man from del monte say yes, I'll be off in a flash.

Imagine all those cheap watches and silk shirts u could bring back, not to mension a few exotic diseases.

Sort it

Coop