PDA

View Full Version : Bad Service.

DistantRumble
24th Jan 2003, 10:23
I posted a link to the Bassa Forums Web site recently under the heading 'Rage against the machine' and was surprised at the lack of comments from the forum.

The level of support from the BA Cabin Crew for the trouble the passengers went to was evident from the posts - so I thought some debate would happen.

The thread is related to the recent problems at Heathrow with the Snow. Just looking for comments.

if you wish to view the post go http://www.bassa.co.uk , then forums then worldwide then the 'Wrong Kind of Snow' original post.

bealine
24th Jan 2003, 12:42
FYI This was Distant Rumble's original thread

posted 9th January 2003 12:42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rage against the Machine.
http://www.bassa.co.uk/cgi-bin/ubbc...ic;f=3;t=000652

Congrats to the poster and to all on the plane.

Advice to travellers if you get into this position : ask the flight attendant if you can use a cell phone or the airphones and start ringing around - there's always hotel space in heathrow. Then stand up with customer service and tell them there's large amounts of hotel rooms available. Doesn't always work but sometimes does.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I would add my congratulations to the posterand the crew and I have sympathy for the passengers involved. Obviously, if their aircraft was "No 7 in the queue for the de-icer", other flights must have experienced identical problems.

Must have been a nightmare for the Ground Staff too!

I always like to think that if ever bealine was considered fit for the Boardroom, (and I've probably blown it with my overt criticism), I would personally attend LHR during severe disruption to lead the staff "from the front" and explain to my customers why the problem has happened and what I was doing to get the mess sorted out!

However, all the present management were nicely tucked away 6 miles up the road (if they bothered going into work at all!)

Sorry if I always sound cynical about BA management = it is, however, with good reason! On the same day, at LGW, the roads were in chaos after numerous accidents on the A23/M23. Whilst all the other Airlines and Handling Agents were expressing gratitude to their staff for "turning in and lending a hand", our management were busily fussing "You're twenty minutes late, you'll be docked half an hour's pay!"

DistantRumble
24th Jan 2003, 13:18
BA always have this attitude ; v. good people on front line; behind that it's a long long piece of string to the back office.

I've been in BA's computer centre; you can tell by the (pay) machine coffee that things could be better

bealine
24th Jan 2003, 13:52
Hi, Distant Rumble, did I ever tell you my mother was Irish!

She would have loved B A - it would have reminded he of one of her favourite sayings

"........It's all change and blessed little improvement!";)

Wot No Engines
26th Jan 2003, 12:18
DistantRumble,

You said Pay, Coffee and Computer together. These 3 can never exist at the same time, and any attempt to force the issue will result in the failure of one.

Usually the Computer, although I am reliably informed that use of a boot assists with paying for Coffee.

Failure of the Coffee results in total shutdown of any computer system.