PDA

View Full Version : Access Help

upupandaway
24th Jan 2003, 10:13
Hi

could anyone help provide contact details of who i need to talk to to arrange a visit to any UK airport.

im interested in airport operations and need some help on where to start.

thanks

VIKING9
24th Jan 2003, 10:31
Try Airport Security first and make your case known.

upupandaway
27th Jan 2003, 14:37
so does know one on this forum work in an airport then?

and does noone want to help me organise a visit to check out operations?

any help, even how to start by contacting airport security would help.

im young and enthusiatic (still!) about working in the aviation world, i am a present studying hard to gain my qualfications necessary to get a job, but someone out there must have been in my position at one stage in their career and someone must have helped you, so please help me?!!

thanks

boredcounter
27th Jan 2003, 21:10
so does know one on this forum work in an airport then?

and does noone want to help me organise a visit to check out operations?

any help, even how to start by contacting airport security would help.

im young and enthusiatic (still!) about working in the aviation world, i am a present studying hard to gain my qualfications necessary to get a job, but someone out there must have been in my position at one stage in their career and someone must have helped you, so please help me?!!

thanks

Yep we all work at airports. You have taken the time and trouble to write to all the UK based Airlines as fetured in last years Flight summary of World Airlines. You have bought a copy of Pooles (Spelling?) You have surfed the net for the homepage of every airpot in the UK u can think of?

Yet your profile states Cranfield as your location. Try there first.

Please do not think we are hard on you, vague posts about gaining access to airports are just not welcome.

The last thing I would wish to do, if you are genuine, is put you off. You can send me a private message if you like. You will be very security checked, and your message posting does not help.

3 posts, and a local training airfield, sorry mate.

Bored

SAIIP
28th Jan 2003, 00:07
upupandaway

Considering the current security measure, to get to the airside for private visit is almost impossible and most airline have step-up airside security measure to restrict access. On the other hand depending on what you are into. Airport Operations have so many difference type of job, some may not be in the airside at all like our flight control centre based in Landside. Anyway nothing to see there...and by trying to gain access to airside as pure purpose could mean you never get there.

There are lots of summer job at the airport, why not try it out on your holiday..
Wish you best of luck on finding your search.