PDA

View Full Version : Cubana and DC 10's

Sensible
23rd Jan 2003, 23:18
I am planning on flying to Cuba as pax with Cubana on a DC 10 has anybody got any experience of this carrier and the aircraft ? I haven’t flown in a DC 10 or with Cubana before. I have in mind that the DC 10 is outdated now!

aeroground
24th Jan 2003, 07:28
a/c are fine, operated by Cubana crew, on french flag, service is ok better in J than Y, if you going from LGW, you will go via holguin to HAV

have a good time

eastern wiseguy
24th Jan 2003, 16:24
sensible...check your private messages :)

Avman
24th Jan 2003, 19:23
Aeroground , are you sure the cockpit crew are Cuban too?

twistedenginestarter
24th Jan 2003, 22:30
I flew to Havana on a Cubana DC10 about 4 years ago. Very pleasant flight. We routed by Varadiero and had to deplane for re-fueling which was a slight bore but apart from that, just fine. I remember we flew at quite a low level on the hop into Havana. This route has had its moments but I don't think you're in the same Stone-Age situation that you get on russian-equipped services that give Cubana such a bad name.

super aviator
27th Jan 2003, 07:16
Yeah i flew on the DC10's they were leased from a French company call AOM i think!

If you think the DC10's are out of date you should fly on the Cubana IL62's now they are out of date!!! I had the pleasure on the outbound sector.

mr.777
2nd Feb 2003, 09:30
I posted a similar thread to this one about 3 weeks ago.
Having given it careful consideration,I have now decided to pay the extra £300 to fly to HAV on JM A340 instead.
The fact that smoking still apparently exists on CU was the final straw.......not to mention the questionnable safety record(even though DC10 seems to be leased from AOM).

Boss Raptor
2nd Feb 2003, 09:53
The AOM guise is to circumvent US embargoes so that the aircraft remain supported - there have been no AOM crews onboard since at least 1993 I believe...

Service on Cubana is basic but friendly...I have been on CU many times...and would go again...