View Full Version : BA - How Long??

Southern Fairy
10th May 2001, 14:50
All,

A question for those who are a little more familiar with the BA selection procedure than myself!! I had my FB last week and am wondering how long it takes for BA to get back to you?? The wait is killing me!

Also, got a letter just yesterday saying my assessment was being reviewed and that I will be contacted shortly - good or bad news, or just standard stuff??

Cheers for your time,

SF.

Token Bird
10th May 2001, 15:04
Southern Fairy,

You lucky boy (I assume you're a boy)! The fact that you got a letter saying your application is being reviewed is a good thing. It means you haven't been rejected outright. It means that they like you a lot but are not 100% sure. Every few weeks the recruiters get together to decide on borderline cases like yourself. Hence it may be several weeks before you hear. You are very close though, so best of luck!

TB

[This message has been edited by Token Bird (edited 10 May 2001).]

left outer, right inner
10th May 2001, 16:13
Pffffffff don't I know it!

Southern Fairy.

I got the same letter not so long back, and it took 3 weeks to get back to me. Put it this way, if you get another letter, unlucky and try again, but if you get a phone call from them, there is only one thing to do andf that is to get vv drunk IMMEDIATELY. I got the dam letter. You are very close, and just remember that if you get this far, you will make a pretty good pilot. It does hurt a little, especially for the reasons they gave me for why I was rejected http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Good luck mate, but remember, THERE IS LIFE AFTER THE WORLDS NOT SO FAVOURITE...THERE REALLY IS!!!!!

Fingers crossed and the very best of luck mate,

LORI

Southern Fairy
11th May 2001, 13:55
Cheers guys - that gives me a better idea of my position!

All the best,

SF

blueangel
14th May 2001, 15:20
Hey SF,
first of all I wanna wish you every luck on this world that they will phone you and that they will do it VERY soon.
So you have been to the FB not long ago and I actually wanted to ask how it is like and how you did prepare yourself for and maybe you can remeber some questions. It is not that I think they will give me exactly the same questions it is just that I wanna know how it is like and especially how long it takes. I am joining the FB on the 18th of June and I am an external (german) and I think it will be quite tough for me anyway even when my english is alright.
So I would really welcome any help or any comments you could give,
thanx for the time and I am confident to see you in the cockpit of the world's fav airline,

blueangel.

Email: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by blueangel (edited 14 May 2001).]