PDA

View Full Version : Astraeus Recruitment - help!

MinimumRest
23rd Jan 2003, 17:46
Filled out the application form for Cabin Crew on the Astraeus website on Jan 6. Had a confirmation e-mail back right away, but never recieved the promised link to a secure site to check the progress of my application. Have e-mailed the Recruitment Team to check everything got to them ok about a week ago, but no one has replied :(

Does this mean I have been unsuccessful at the first hurdle? :confused:

MR XxX

starbag
23rd Jan 2003, 19:42
I don't think the secure site to track your application has ever worked! Try calling Megan Williams on 01293 819800 (don't have her direct line, but reception can put you through. She's out of the office on Friday (24th), but try on Monday. Courses slated to start late Feb, March and April.

Hope that helps

MinimumRest
23rd Jan 2003, 20:24
Thanx a 1,000,000!

MR XxX :D

liquidhockey
23rd Jan 2003, 23:14
If that doesnt work......

I have just gotten a job with an airline and it took so long for a reply that i had to ask on the phone 'is this about the cabin crew job?'.

So bare in mind that sometimes it takes longer than you expect so keep the faith.

Dave

Xenia
24th Jan 2003, 07:52
liquidhockey, u got a job as Cabin Crew?
Congratulations! Hope you'll enjoy it ;)

Disko Biscuit
24th Jan 2003, 09:11
......it took me 8 weeks to get my interview at VS so don't try to worry.

There may just be a back log.

Good luck:)

MinimumRest
27th Jan 2003, 17:36
Well I gave them a quick call to chase up my application and they said they have it, I'm ''in the system'' and they will ''be in contact soon''. Not sure what to make of it really! We shall wait and see!

Doors to Manual had you flown before?

MR XxX :)

starbag
27th Jan 2003, 20:11
Congratulations - looking forward to flying on line with you in March or so. We've probably met as I was interviewing last week, so I'll see you again soon as I bustle through checking in for a flight, or crawling home after one! Best of luck with the training course.

flymeboy
28th Jan 2003, 13:18
Congrats to those who have been offer a cabin crew role with Astraeus!

With regard to the question about preparing for the training course, you should be sent a "pre course booklet" that you should read as it tells you about Astraeus, what services we offer etc and also they are a few sections in there that you need to complete as "homework" before starting the course!

The course itself is fun, however it can be tough going trying to learn all the drills etc and aircraft but dont worry, you will get though it! Some of the fun times on the course are when you go to Cranbank to do your practical emergency drills and when you go swimming with a lift raft!

Have fun and see you online!

:D