PDA

View Full Version : South Coast Prang

CurtissJenny
23rd Jan 2003, 11:13
The electronic media reported an accident on the NSW South Coast two days back but no details except the pilot was rescued. The print media did not cover the event that I saw.

Any PPRuners have any details.

rmcdonal
23rd Jan 2003, 13:15
If your talking about what I think you are then it was a guy who crashed and wasnt rescued for 3hrs. The owner of the plane was a little upset about the response time. The rescue team had to wait for a mobile radio tracker thing. Owner wants to know whats the point in having an ELT if nobody has the equipment to track it. Pilot has head injurys but I think he is ok,
Thats what I picked up from the scraps of news I have been watching, Hope it helps

aero979
23rd Jan 2003, 22:00
Read in a paper yesterday it was a C152 trying to get to Nowra from Wollongong earlier in the week. Conditions at Nowra were non VMC, so aircraft attempted to return to YWOL. Unfortunately ran into some problems with deteriorating weather.

Witnesses reported hearing an aircraft very low over terrain, and then an increase in power and then impact. Thought to be a delay in a rescue helicopter reaching the site due to weather.