PDA

View Full Version : Oi! Where's me signature gone, Woomera?

OzExpat
23rd Jan 2003, 08:05
Appropos of discussion on a thread since moved from here to JB, it occurred to me that I haven't seen me "post signature". I fear it's been lost for long enuf to file a "missing person (signature) report". This is it. :p

So, Woomera, have you seen it anywhere... recently? I'm not inclined to offer a reward for its' safe return, as I've already paid for me avatar and title. Is Danny holding my signature for a ransome? :eek:

Torres
23rd Jan 2003, 23:19
Think I saw it up for bids on the E-Bay auction site. Last bid was two empty SP Brownie bottles. Understand Woomera is holding out for a fine bottle of red! :D

Travelling Toolbox
24th Jan 2003, 00:17
Nah Torres!!

Saw it lurking about in my toolbox the other day and told it to stop skulking around in a civilized country - get back to where it belonged!

So it got on a Pixie F28 outbound. Think it must have got lost after clearing cutoms in POM and probably went to the Dero for some company. ;)

Pinky the pilot
24th Jan 2003, 05:14
If it will get my signature back I'll be only too pleased to get Woomera a good bottle of red. How does a Wolf Blass Black Label sound?:D He can forget about a Grange though.

BlueEagle
24th Jan 2003, 10:37
I think you will find that, for the time being anyway, Danny has suspended all signatures. Some were getting very long but going through the entire membership of the BB to sort out the offenders would be a marathon task so it was easier to stop them all for a while.

[Just what I read on another forum, I'm not moderating here!:) ]

OzExpat
24th Jan 2003, 10:45
Thanks BlueEagle... I can't help thinking how polite it might have been if Danny had issued a general notice about it. :mad: But far be it from me to preach etiquette...

Torres
27th Jan 2003, 23:26
"But far be it from me to preach etiquette..."

Yyyyeeeeesssss. :D Or couth or culture...........

(Just an innocent observation.)

Pinky the pilot
28th Jan 2003, 08:17
Struth Torres; thought you knew that if you want culture, get yourself some yoghurt!:D :D

Knulp
28th Jan 2003, 09:49
[URL=i****************..[/URL]

Nawww couldnt do it to a mate heehee..

Woomera
29th Jan 2003, 03:30
Blue Eagle

Correct and thanks.:)

All right you lot settle dahn and Torres me old, the bid stands at a whole case of fine red as the quantity, the excellence of the brew will decide the winner and currently stands at Grant Burges " Shadrach" ..........anyone ???

Pinky the pilot
29th Jan 2003, 03:41
Woomera; too flamin' rich for me! Despite the fact that a very good mate is rather high up in the Blass admin. I'm not going to 'bite' him to top the last bid.:(

Suggest you take the 'Shadrach'.
And who the blazes would pay that much anyway????:D :D

Torres
30th Jan 2003, 22:48
Woomera. It's the like of you that has caused significant inflation in the cost of the nocturnal horizontal tango! :) In my youth (and you are old enough to remember) a $1 bottle of Sweet Sherry guaranteed a “score” with chicks.

Now it’s fancy – and very expensive – bottles of flash red that count. And the old ’48 Morris Minor is a no no – one needs a car worthy of James Bond at least!

What’s wrong with an $8 cask of Fruity Lexia?

OzExpat. I stepped on something this morning. Thought it had been left behind by the neighbours dog but on closer inspection, found it to be your missing signature! Sorry old mate.
:p

PLovett
31st Jan 2003, 02:13
TORRES

I was going to save my 100th post for something deep and profound but I can't let your reference to $1 Sweet Sherry go unchallenged.:D

Surely a man of your generation would have bought something a little more up-market - say a bottle of tuppeny dark port.;)

And as for Fruity Lexia. Well, enough said. :yuk:

Anyway, having done enough mischief to OzExpat's thread, hava a good one and I hope your signature comes home to you.:D

Woomera
31st Jan 2003, 02:40
Torres, dear boy.

The young ladies of my aquaintance of that time would only respond adequately to much finer beverages than your $1 Sweet Sherry which as I recall, was reserved for the less "discerning" conquests, we used to call eeerm I think it was "scrubbers". ;)

There was as I recall libations with such quaint names as "Skip 'N Go Naked" (I kid you not :O ), "Blue Duck" :yuk: , "Barrossa Pearl" (100% gauranteed) :D , "Starwine" := .

48 Moggies, aaaaaah, such memories. A yoof of my aquaintance had to be "rescued" from one of them, as his "squeeze" was trapped beneath him, in shall we say a "compromising" position when he slipped a disk (old rugby injury) whilst "entertaining" her.

And it goes on.:E

OzExpat
31st Jan 2003, 11:03
Torres... I'm surprised that you could tell the difference! :D

So, Woomera, me ol' China, when do we look like getting some action from Danny on the signatures? I'd have thought it'd be fairly simple to build a program to search the server, to identify the signatures with an offending length. If there was a rule on the maximum number of characters in a signature, it should be pretty easy to build a program that simply truncates those that are too long.

That would force compliance with the rule eh?

Pinky the pilot
31st Jan 2003, 23:23
What's with you blokes??:confused:
Sweet Sherry? Fruity Lexia?? Barossa Pearl??? Tuppeny Dark What??????????
Fair dinkum; you blokes should hang your heads in shame!! Absolutely nothing less than a nice Pinot Noir Chardonnay Bubbly should be employed under the circumstances mentioned in the previous posts.
I would never use the other stuff. Struth; years ago I worked in wineries in the Barossa and I know how that stuff is made.:yuk:

Blue Hauler
1st Feb 2003, 00:17
Torres

$1 per bottle…surely you would have out-laid the extra ninety-nine cents for a fine bottle of ‘Chateau Gay’…more commonly referred to as ‘Chateau le Gopner’. Much more productive when imbibing with mixed company!
:yuk:

Northern Chique
1st Feb 2003, 01:13
Commmooooonnnnn guys..... any gal knows that the more of anything alcoholic consumed, the lower the fellas "excitometer" goes and conversely the more consumed, his ego and memory become, well, kinda fairytale like, all story and no fact to back it up!...... and believe me, the old "beer floppy" (wine indiced or otherwise) isnt much fun at all... so, the better the quality of the imbibement , the more likely you'll convince her to partake in a little activity.

But hell..... whered I last see my signature..... prolly gone in search of "a life" :D

Blue Hauler
1st Feb 2003, 01:42
Received this newspaper clipping but don’t know its source to give credits.

There’s trouble brewing, guys

You have to hope that this study is flawed, but the evidence seems irrefutable. Several months ago, scientists at Europe’s annual human reproduction conference suggested that the results of a recent analysis revealed the presence of female hormones in beer, and suggested that men should take a look at their beer consumption. The theory is that drinking beer makes men turn into women.
To test the theory, 100 men were each fed six pints of beer within a one-hour period. It was observed that 100 per cent of the men gained weight, talked excessively without making sense, became overly emotional, couldn’t drive, failed to think rationally, argued over nothing, had to sit down while urinating, couldn’t perform sexually, and refused to apologize when wrong. No further testing is planned.

OzExpat
1st Feb 2003, 09:39
That's why I drink G+T, saki and/or red wine instead of beer... :D

OpsNormal
1st Feb 2003, 10:00
Oi! Hang On! You told me it was 'coz of tha mozzies !

Might have to have another of those afternoons like that one at the high flyer (coupla years ago now Oz), but with more time and people if yer ever make it back down and out into the middle Oz!

I dig these new emoticons..... :ok:

-------------------------

Bundy - So much more than a breakfast drink!:} :ok:

Torres
4th Feb 2003, 04:25
Ahhh, Plovett. Your post brings back memories of me youf! Cheap plonk, the '48 Minor and cracking the first one at the old Fort at Bellerive......... :p

Blue Hauler. Your preference for Green Cans :yuk: indicates little taste for quality beer, let alone the finer fruit of the vine to which the refined amongst us, like Woomera and I, are far more accustomed! :=

Pinky the pilot
4th Feb 2003, 06:17
Ozmate; Only good quality Red I hope!:ok: It is one of my strictly held maxims in that life is far too short to drink cheap booze!!!!
Torres; You would agree?

And seeing that this thread was originally about our post signatures Woomera; when can we have 'em back??
Soon please ??

OzExpat
4th Feb 2003, 07:46
OpsNormal... I didn't recognise ya, under that new moniker mate! :O I was at said High Flyer this past Christmas - you'll be pleased to know that the place hasn't changed... :D

Actually, Pinky, the cheaper the better these days... them PGKs don't go as far as they usta! :(

Woomera... any progress yet? Sorry, but you'll havta lower yer standards and accept the same quality of wine that I drink... chateau cardbord! :eek:

Blue Hauler
6th Feb 2003, 10:53
Torres

...Your preference for Green Cans indicates little taste for quality beer...

I think you may be confusing me with a certain (cretin - spelling?) relative of yours who originates from the land of forked heads. Try as I may I cannot persuade the said person to change to the yellow cans of 'redneck' teritory.:(

Woomera
6th Feb 2003, 14:34
Ozexpat

Sorry mate , the God of PPRuNe sussed my little scam and has confiscated all the proceeds, it seems there are some advantages to being Chief Despot.

Maybe we should sic George Dubya onto him after he finished with Saddam. :D

The problem is that some PPRuNers were making a bit of a meal of their signatures which was clogging up the server.

It being too hard to work out which ones were OK and which too long they simply turned them all OFF.

Anyway I'd drink Chateau Cardboard wiv ya if that was all there was.:} as long as we could get a good bowl of noodles after/during.:yuk:

Torres
6th Feb 2003, 22:36
Blue Hauler. Me relo and Green Cans? Comes from his time as a Wolloper in a southern state. In that state, Green Cans were used as the same "currency" Brown Paper Bags were in XXXXland! :=

Yes, I remember now. You and those red label bottles. If you're drinking softdrink, I'll have a Coke thanks! :yuk:

Ozexpat. Like my new signature, below? Would post a picture of explorer Luis Torres rather than a drawing of his boat, but Mr Eastman hadn't invented the Box Brownie when Torres visited our tropical shores!

http://www.davidreilly.com/australian_explorers/seaexplorer.gif