PDA

View Full Version : Firs Officer Programs--help

Loony_Pilot
23rd Mar 2001, 02:14
Hi,

I'm looking to do a first officer program in the USA to build some twin/turboprop/jet hours quickly and relatively cheaply.
Does anyone know how these programs are viewed by the CAA and airlines??

I have Frozen ATPL/IR and 280 hours, ex CAP509 grad 13 months without any success so looking for anyway possible to get my experience up

Loony_Pilot
23rd Mar 2001, 06:04
does anyone know anything about F/O programs

[This message has been edited by Loony_Pilot (edited 23 March 2001).]

robione
23rd Mar 2001, 07:08
Just a quick comment.Bloke i know 509er,finished over 2yrs ago,just got a job with GO,starts end of APRIL.He,s got 210hrs,hasn,t flown since finishing.Moral?
Dont give up the ghost in the UK

Loony_Pilot
23rd Mar 2001, 09:12
Hi,

Oh don't worry.. I'll not give up on flying in the UK.. just looking for the cheapest way of building quality hours.. I know so many instructors that cant get jobs I thought I'd try something different for the time being.

I'd love a job with GO.. will have to call heheh

thanx mate

v1rotate
23rd Mar 2001, 17:27
I think I know the person that robione is talking about. I think he knew someone in recruiting which put him in the right spot. That always helps.

Loony_Pilot
24th Mar 2001, 02:22
Its who you know not what you know......

Hey V1, shall I tell the world my whole flying story and see if I get a job out of sympathy??? hehehehe

LP

Hermie
24th Mar 2001, 12:35
Hi Loony_Pilot,

Gulfstream Academy of Aeronautics

Check out Plane&Pilot magazine, April 2001 issue. Its awesome dude ! They conduct a First Officer Program by Gulfstream International Airlines. follows Part 121 requirements. I do not know whats Part 121 but you can ask the US blokes.

24 hours of Part 121 groundschool;
27 hours of AOP*;
104 hours of BE 1900D systems;
5 hours of oral reviews and exams;
2 hours of CRM;
22 hours of BE 1900D cockpit procedure;
14 hours of BE 1900D observation flights;
10 hours of BE 1900D in-flight training & check ride;
15 hours of BE 1900D operating experience.

In case if you would like to know, 10-12 pilots enter the program each month and, upon graduation, fly for a GUARANTEED 250 hours as a paid First Officer with Gulfstream International Airlines.

I wish you All the Very Best for your flying career. Take Care and May Your Dreams Come True !

Best Regards,
Herman

[This message has been edited by Hermie (edited 24 March 2001).]

Loony_Pilot
24th Mar 2001, 22:27
do they have a website??

do u work for them??

LP

Airbus_319
24th Mar 2001, 23:43
Looney pilot

Have you thought about the ATP academy in Southampton. I know it's not exactly what you seem to be looking for, but the place offers MCC and JOC courses. BA, Easy Jet and various other airlines use the academy for cadet and direct entry pilots. It is aimed at recent 509 graduates with the typical 200 hours, but without the necessary multi-crew or jet experience. The school offer a form of sponsored training (not too sure about the details), whereby if selected all or partial training will be paid for and you'll be kept on their books - they seem to have good contacts with Easy, Britannia etc.
I know some of the self-sponsored who have finished from Oxford have taken this route, and it seems that airlines are looking for MCC/JOC rather than just more hours.
Whatever you decide best of luck.

Loony_Pilot
24th Mar 2001, 23:55
Hi,

Thanks... I have done and passed the ATP assessments. But the story doesnt have a happy ending and I am reluctant to go into details...

LP

Hermie
25th Mar 2001, 11:23
Hi Loony_Pilot,

Email : [email protected]
Toll Free from US : 1-877-Flygulf EXT. 17
Telephone : 954.772.9001

First Officer Training Program :
Prior Flying Experience including a commnercial, instrument, and multiengine rating is REQUIRED.

All the Best Loony_Pilot !
Keep me updated !

Cheers,
Herman

britavia
26th Mar 2001, 03:47
As far as I understand it, Gulfstream only pay $4 per hour if you are not work authorized, $8 per hour if you are. Kinda low even by US standards. The 14 hrs observation time seems a bit odd too, although it's not a bad idea...but 14hrs???

james lully
26th Mar 2001, 09:55
The First Officer Program costs US $20000. They will pay you back on the 250hrs BE1900D at $8 per/hr. Great for U.S.green card holder or citizen, because they can get hired upon graduation. The web is www.gulfstreamacademy.com (http://www.gulfstreamacademy.com)