PDA

View Full Version : Any news on QF recruitment??

Cart_tart
22nd Jan 2003, 05:51
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything or knew anything re the current QF recruitment?? I'm through to 4th stage and am dying to find out something!! :confused: Does anyone know when they're going to start contacting applicants and give them an answer or when ground schools will be?
Hopefully we find out something soon! ;)
Cheers
CT
xx

GalleyHag
22nd Jan 2003, 07:26
From what I have been told:

1. Short List applicants from previous recruitments will be offered positions first (obviously) this will include the Perth Short Haul base opening in April ground schools for this base to start in Feb.

2. No one from the November, 2002 recruitment have been advised if they are succesful (source cabin services galley gossip 20/1/02).

3. If succesful from November, 2002 recruitment you will be placed on short list and offered a position as and when they become available.

Hope this helps.

vdd
22nd Jan 2003, 09:57
Hi

Did any non-F/A, non-airline people make it thru to Stage 4?

It looks like a lot of Ansett, regional and Virgin F/As applied and with such experienced/good competition was wondering if non-F/A people were able to slip thru to Stage 4.

Cheers
vdd:)

PS: Hope you Stage 4 people hear something soon!:)

Cart_tart
22nd Jan 2003, 10:35
vdd...
A couple of friends of mine aren't FA's or airline people and they're through too.

Galleyhag...
some people I work with are on the short list and havent' heard anything re a start date. have also been hearing that due to the "war" QF are holding off. Do you know anything about that??

Thanks guys
CT
xx

redneckington
22nd Jan 2003, 11:55
Are QF still recruiting in PER....... or are they "always" recruiting?

Evacu8
23rd Jan 2003, 06:41
As far as I have heard;

PER base shorthaul was recently offered to some applicants from the shortlist, and a few from the last recruitment. The vast majority will be given to current MAM casuals (they all just recieved a letter asking for expressions of interest for the PER shorthaul base positions).

Havent heard of anyone from the SYD and MEL recruitment, hearing anyhting (not involved in the national recruitment this time), but know a few people from here in SYD who have completed their medical and waiting to hear. I arent aware of any need for crew in LongHaul or ShortHaul at the moment, so they may just be creating a new shortlist.

I have also heard the threat of war will slow down recruitment dramatically, but thats just a rumour which is the favourite QF crew pastime ;)

Layova_Rova
23rd Jan 2003, 07:24
Hey Guys...
Just wondering from anyone who can lend a helping hand...
Do Qantas recruit accross the tasman? Because New Zealanders donot need visas and we can travel on our Passports within Aussie, therefore can we become Qantas flight attendants?? I am very interested as i am looking at this option right now!

Cheers
Thanks
Mike