PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get a JAA B737-200 rating

IRISHPILOT
21st Jan 2003, 18:05
Hi all!

I shall need to get a JAA B737-200 rating asap. Sabena Flight Training no longer offers it, Avtech in Dublin not Yet. Eany suggestions? Also, can the Base Training (now part of the Type Rating) be with an aircraft from a non-JAA country?

thanks!

ElNino
22nd Jan 2003, 10:38
You could try GECAT where Ryanair do their -200 ratings, they're somewhere in the UK, not sure where.

Can I ask you why you need a -200 rating asap? I presume a job depends, can you say where? What kind of background/experience have you?

FRIDAY
23rd Jan 2003, 00:14
C'MON IRISHPILOT spit it out, whats the need for the rating have we got ourselves a little number lined up. If it was for FR I am surprised as you go through them and GECAT for the TR normally, anyway in relation to the type rating I believe GECAT are the guys that could help and I think there in East Midlands or are they maybe someone else can confirm, and if they dont do them I am sure they know someone that can do it. Try SAS flight sims.

PS If you would like to share a bit of helpful knowledge "wink wink" please mail me ......:D

BMW Man
23rd Jan 2003, 00:21
Irishpilot,

Try www.jetlinx.co.uk

Don't be shy, we all want to know what you're up to....?

IRISHPILOT
24th Jan 2003, 13:11
Thanks for the replies, don't get online every day, so sorry for the delay.

Found out, Base Training can be done in an aircraft with any registration, as long the examiner on board is from the JAA TRTO.

GECAT doesn't do it for individuals on the 200 and jetlinx does not use the 200.

I may have a job lined up, though in an Asian country, with Asian pay. - They only have one vacancy. Want a JAA rating only because it will save me time, etc. doing an FAA CPL.

FRIDAY
26th Jan 2003, 19:34
Asia ayy
Whats the story on work permits or required citizenship for working down there.