PDA

View Full Version : Apex at Norwich

tas
13th Dec 2001, 14:59
Well, you can add Apex Flight Training, norwich to the list of flying schools which have "ceased trading"!

Anybody have a job for a newly redundant FI?

Tas

Capt Wannabe
14th Dec 2001, 03:44
Is this true? Can somebody please confirm the situation at Apex.......

tas
14th Dec 2001, 14:17
I am afraid it is true. If you call them, there is a message on the answering machine which will give you more details.

tas

Say again s l o w l y
14th Dec 2001, 19:21
Tas,
Bad luck mate, what happened, was there any warning?? :eek:
Give me a ring.

tas
14th Dec 2001, 19:59
Fifi

No real warning at all, though I did think it was rather odd that he did not want to buy any deicing fluid!

Tas

Spoonbill
14th Dec 2001, 22:58
Tas will probably know better than I, but I understand that the club owner tried to renegotiate the hours contracts for each aircraft which he had originally signed.
Its been a particularly crap summer weather wise in East Anglia, and it just wasn't possible to attain the minimum hours per aircraft.
For whatever reason, the aircraft owners refused to renegotiate the contracts, despite being warned it would lead to the club folding and them not getting any money at all.
Sure enough, Apex has folded, and the aircraft sit outside their clubhouse with liens from Norwich Airport Ltd plastered upon them. The owners are very unlikely to see any money now.
There was rumour that Barnsey was going to reappear with another company yesterday, and carry on flying, but it failed to happen.
Hopefully, the students will be able to complete their training elsewhere on the airport, or at one of the neighbouring airfields without too much inconvenience.

A crying shame really, 'cos Apex had a good reputation, high standards, and a simplistic approach to aviation which worked really well.
Best of luck to Jason + the gang in finding work quickly.

cabinkitten
15th Dec 2001, 04:37
Sorry to hear the news TAS, I came to see you not so long ago about getting a twin rating with Apex (even bought the check list) but looks like I shall have to go else where now.

If you happen to pass by EGSV pop in and I will buy you a drink; I work there sat + sun. ;)

LE.

Capt Wannabe
18th Dec 2001, 03:17
Quick question then, where would people recommend at Norwich to keep current on PA28/PA34? I'm a bit out of touch with the situation at the moment but was hoping to renew the IR at Apex next year.

stalling attitude
30th Dec 2001, 23:38
rumour has it that apex is back up and running as of tues 2nd jan.i heard that it is going to be called premier flight training.new management but same instructors :)

GayTangle
31st Dec 2001, 16:09
I would like to add my name to the above good wishes to Premier; I will visit on 2nd Jan to pay my membership.
I need a good flying school even more than they need me - and these instructors are some of the best I've flown with (in 20 years).
Andy

DodgyFlyer
31st Dec 2001, 22:16
Yep, its true, Apex is back!!!
this time as Premier Flight Training
Under new management comprised of I think, by instructor, a business partner and a current PPL who was at Apex.

Fleet will comprise of
1 x PA34
1 x PA28
1 x PA38
1 x C152

Same place, same good instructors, clubhouse is getting a more friendly feel, including a television (I kid you not)

Membership will be £70 and will pay mine as soon as.

Good luck to all those involved with Premier and hopefully see any other Prruner up there.