PDA

View Full Version : info on flight school in wolverhampton??

vfr on top
21st Jan 2003, 10:17
hey,

Anyone had any experience or knowledge of c & s aviation in wolverhampton, for pilot training? gonna be starting there soon, just seeing what i'm getting myself into!

Cheers

ERICB
21st Jan 2003, 11:50
C&S ARE VERY GOOD. WENT ON RECOMMENDATION OF FRIENDS, DID CPL MODULE AND FI MODULE A COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER. CHRIS HAS A DESERVEDLY GOOD REPUTATION. GETS MY VOTE. EMAIL ME FOR FURTHER INFO IF YOU WANT.

Squealing Pig
21st Jan 2003, 15:56
I agree with ERICB on this one, Chris runs a very good school, that gives top notch training. Did my FI there in 99

What course are you doing ?

Token Bird
21st Jan 2003, 19:44
Did my CPL test with Chris. Great bloke!

TB

scubawasp
23rd Jan 2003, 15:49
I'm hopefully starting my CPL and then the FI(a) course at the end of Feb. When where you planning on starting??

PFO
23rd Jan 2003, 16:13
Are you doing PPL at Central Aviation training or CPL etc at C&S? Both are based in same building.

Both very good schools - Chris is a top chap and a/d is also very good to fly from!

PFO

vfr on top
23rd Jan 2003, 16:58
Starting at C & S on monday 27th.

Already have an FAA CPL/IR so just converting the CPL to a JAA one, and if it goes well will be staying for the IR and FI too. From what you guys have told me it sounds promising so looking forward to it!

many thanks people!

Wee Weasley Welshman
23rd Jan 2003, 23:50
SO refreshing to have a thread that is not based around Jerez, Kiddlington or Bedford for a change.

Honest guys there are some cracking little schools out there if you dig around. You don't get fancy brochures or a customer service department. But you might just get somewhere with career instructors who are happy with their jobs, who know the tests and the examiners backwards. Who have the same aircraft all day every day as their own office. Who operate from cheap buildings at cheap airfields.

If you can find such an establishment then they can knock spots clean off the big boys. Trust me.

In this case C&S definitely falls into the category of one of the good ones. I've never heard a word said against it and plenty of people would be delighted to buy Mr Caine a beer.

Let us know how you get one.

Cheers

Delta Wun-Wun
24th Jan 2003, 19:10
I have completed a CPL at C & S and am now about two-thirds through the FI course there. Training wise I think you could put the standard of teaching against any of the big schools. Chris knows his stuff and has an excellent way of getting things across in the air.
The PPL side of training is run from the same building by a new company called CATS. The owners are Pilots themselves and very approachable and are running things to a high standard.
Also on the field is The Flight Centre, where as mentioned you can get training right up to IR and MCC.
As WWW says have a look around and you will see that there are some very good schools at some of the smaller airfields where the training is as good as " The Big Schools".
At the end of the day do you want to speak to the Marketing Dept, or the Owner of the company when you visit the schools?
It`s been said loads of times om here, get out to some of these airfields and have a look around, you might be pleasantly surprised with what you find.:)

milad
24th Jan 2003, 21:08
Do they have a website??

M.Y

excrab
24th Jan 2003, 21:43
Web site under construction, I'm told.

How much did you pay all these people Chris?

Seriously I wouldn't knock it. I've done several instructor renewals with Captain Caine, and enjoyed every minute of them.