PDA

View Full Version : Fentons Hill VOR

Ang737
21st Jan 2003, 01:33
Hi All

I am planning my flight for the MECIR test this coming saturday and noticed that my entry back into Essendon via CANTY and YMML no longer has the FTH VOR. Does anyone know or have seen and decommision documents for FTH or I am studying too hard and just not seeing it.

I have tried the TAC, ERSA, DAP's to no avail

Ang... ;)

howard hughes
21st Jan 2003, 01:51
Gidday Ang,

Jeppesen charts dated 28th November 2002 show deletion of Fentons Hill VOR. Cant really help with the Airservices publications. But try the foot of any chart effective 28th November.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, HH.

Ps: How do you know the route for your test so early? Did'nt get mine until the day of the test. Of course that was a long time a go!

Ang737
21st Jan 2003, 02:04
Thanks HH.

Thats helps a lot I will use the ML VOR as I will be around 5000' at that stage. The ERSA has a D against FTH VOR so I guess that means decommisioned

Ang ;)

Bevan666
21st Jan 2003, 02:33
Given that the old FTH was on the CANTY ML track it shouldnt be too hard not to use it.. :-)

Operationally, you'll probably be radar vectored long before reaching it anyway.

I think I've always known the route of my renewals beforehand.. not that I end up flying that route!