PDA

View Full Version : Bac ??

cleared24right
20th Jan 2003, 17:21
Hi,

I'm seriously considering the Type Rating for the 360, anyone know what the current view is with regards to recruitment or courses??

Cheers

AMEX
20th Jan 2003, 17:35
If it is to get a job with them afterwards, I hear there are already 20 guys hoping to get called.... I certainly know of one guy who s got the rating (from them)and no luck so far. But if you don't join the queue then you will never know ;)

cleared24right
20th Jan 2003, 19:52
Cheers AMEX i think you might you've saved me almost 10K, I'll have a crack at CTC instead!

Thanks again.

muppet
25th Jan 2003, 15:27
Cleared24, you really need to base your decision about a lot of money,and, more importantly your future, on much better informed information than a bit of gossip from Amex or any other contributor to the www.

Phone Peter Norton, Flight Ops Manager at BAC 01293821621

really nice guy, and he will be honest.

Long live the Shed.

skyrabbit
26th Jan 2003, 00:59
I agree entirely with what 'muppet' says.
BAC type rating courses are first class, and all those (but for one) that have undertaken them in the last year are employed with the airline.
The single exception is waiting for a vacancy at a particular base.

If you want reassurance then do as 'muppet' says, call Capt. Peter Norton at LGW (01293) 821621 and he will tell you what the future training/recruitment plans are.

Skyrabbit

AMEX
29th Jan 2003, 19:17
Well the guy I know is certainly not expecting a vacancy at a particular base (but then again he may have done his type rating a bit more than a year ago)... As a matter of fact he is waiting for a job, any job hence why he is in touch with me.
But I agree though, don't take my word for it as I have no personal experience with BAC Express other than than through this guy.
And if you are ineterested in the 360 type then I, too, recommend you to call and find out by yourself in order to get "a feel for it".
Asking questions on pprune is perfectly legitimate and should allow you to obtain more than one perspective.
It may also help triggering a few points you would like to raise during you telephone converstation with the outfit.

Good Luck !

ian mc
15th Feb 2003, 20:32
Well i have tried asking the question of BAC, i.e. if i cough up 10k what are my chances and how many have done the rating and got a job. If you can get an answer out of them i will be impressed.

cleared24right
20th Feb 2003, 14:24
I Know!!!!

Said they would be in contact with everyone who has enquired about the TR course as soon as they have a date, thats as far as i got.

Ballinthemiddle
21st Feb 2003, 15:00
A Course for the ground school started this week 10 on it as I understand.
Yor pays yer money and take yer chance.:)