View Full Version : Chances in Emirates

UEAdream
20th Jan 2003, 12:06
Just being a young european first officer in my twenties I was wondering If one of you could tell me what my chances are getting into Emirates. I have about 4 years of experience on heavy jets, currently on the B757, but with limited amount of hours.
When I read the Emirates requirements I see that they require at least 2500 hours of total time, something I still don't have but well prepared to work as hard as possible into getting this amount in a company who's providing limited flight time. So I will have to wait for that, but then, is there any chance in getting an intervieuw with Emirates? I'm married with a wife wanting to go to the Gulf as well. I've spent some time there and we are planning a vacation so that my wife can spent a few weeks there especially in summertime (we experienced Arizona summertime) to see how it's like. We both speak about 4 languages and she is highly educated aswell.
I'm well aware about the high qualified people currently being hired by Emirates and I'm very happy for them, but I'm sure that zldo me could contribute in this well expanding and promising company.
Thanks,...

kumul1
20th Jan 2003, 15:04
I think you already know what the current situation is like and EK's selection process. The truth is that there are a lot of big fish in that so called holding pool and so you will have to meet those min requirements for them to even open your letter. Commands are comming fast and a requirement for that is 6000 hrs which I guess 1500 to 2000 of that can be achieved in the RHS in 3-4 years, so really you should walk in with about 4000 hrs.

Having said that, we live in interesting times and it's anybody's guess what the requirements will be tomorrow. I suggest you send your CV in when you got the min requirements, and hope for the best.

You got to be in it, to win it.

;)

UEAdream
20th Jan 2003, 19:44
Thanks for the info...
On the Emirates site they provide the possibility to show interest befor you have the requirements, do you know how much difference it will make. I will do it for sure as soon as I made the full resume of the amount of hours on the different types.
Just out of interest.
Thx...

Ghostflyer
22nd Jan 2003, 05:42
It can't hurt applying but you will just get a reject . Wait till you get the hours, apply then and keep updating then you will get the earliest possible slot when you become competitive.

Ghost