PDA

View Full Version : Are there any sponsorships going at the moment?

Winkiepinkie
22nd Mar 2001, 16:51
Just wondering......except of course BA, is anyone sponsoring/part sponoring.

And any news from Aer Lingus? When they starting up, its been almost a year now and I know there was talk of it being a lot later but whats the latest?

Thanks peoples......

M13
22nd Mar 2001, 16:59
In a word NO. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Speedbird 2946
22nd Mar 2001, 20:40
M13... check your facts!!

YES!!! KLMuk have just announced in Pilot magazine that they are again running a part sponsorship scheme with Cabair (cor.. the last one was just before Christmas)

It's the usual 180 hours requirement, but that is before you start, not necessarily right now.. so if you get the job you can spend the cash on hitting the hours target and not before!

And also the Atlantic Flight Training Sponsorship is ongoing. If you have no idea about it then e-mail me or check out www.atlanticairlines.co.uk (http://www.atlanticairlines.co.uk) and request some info. They are placing FOs in regional airlines with up to 50% of ATPL costs paid for!!! CHECK IT OUT!!

Aer Lingus.. umm, wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Lots of cadets in training at the moment and rumours vary from March this year (getting late for that) to a trickle in Summer, or none at all this year. Keep your ears on PPRuNe though.. as soon as it happens, it'll appear here!

GOOD LUCK!!

SB 2946

SpeedBird22
23rd Mar 2001, 01:42
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but I seem to remember that the Air2000 scheme starts taking applications around August...

:) :) BAW22 :) :)

Speedbird 2946
23rd Mar 2001, 03:16
22- closing date last year was end October ish for Air 2000 and British European with the initial ad appearing in August!

SB

SpeedBird22
23rd Mar 2001, 04:25
2946 - Yup you're right. I also just checked the 2000 website and they claim the ads for the next course will be appearing in September this year with the course commencing in May of the following year.

:) :) BAW22 :) :)

combi pilot
23rd Mar 2001, 04:50
MBA Airlines of Papua New Guinea have an ongoing cadetship program through an australian flying school, Pacific Rim Aviation. On graduation, cadets become first officers on board Otters and I can't remember what other aircraft they have. Mostly turboprop if I remember correctly.

i checked out their website, http://www.pacificrimaviation.com.au and found that only a handful get selected each time, so it gets pretty competitive and if you have a taste for the exotic Orient, it'll do you good too..

Funky Munky
23rd Mar 2001, 22:06
As far as I know Airtours also sponsor pilots through Prestwick, don't know if there are any starting soon, write and ask them. In fact why not write and ask all the major airlines, you've nowt to lose!

Speedbird 2946
23rd Mar 2001, 23:42
Yes Airtours do part-sponsor cadets. The cadets spend time as a Regional FO before going to the Airtours fleet I think and the training is by BAe now in Jerez. Adverts come out in Autumn!

Boeing Freak
24th Mar 2001, 22:30
Air2000 is a pretty good company. The sponsorship scheme runs once a year for 6 cadets. Courses start in March every year

BF