PDA

View Full Version : King video courses?

luscombe Lover
20th Jan 2003, 09:57
Hi all,

Slogging away at the BGS Module 1. On many occassions I find I cannot visualize something well (or indeed at all:-).

Has anyone seen or used the US King CPL videos or CD's. Do they help?

long final
20th Jan 2003, 10:04
LL,

I used the king stuff to do the PPL and CPL. To give you an idea of the depth they go into, it took a total of 4 days to study for both. The comparison between the FAA CPL and the ATPL's is huge, IMO they aren’t really worth buying. A borrowed set might be worth a view.

I have found the oxford Met. CD Rom very useful though.

Hope it helps.

Regards
LF

wobblyprop
20th Jan 2003, 13:15
LL,

Bare in mind that the US sysem is set up differently and the video's are specifically geared towards it.

I found them entertaining, especially when they tell you

I don't know why they want you to know this, they just do

Very much like our ATPL :o

Like LF, I'd borrow a set rather than buy it.

long final
20th Jan 2003, 13:32
and not wanting to drag this on, but .....

When performing spiral decents, don't carry them on all the way to the ground .....

:D

LF

luscombe Lover
20th Jan 2003, 17:03
Thanks for the input people. I'll pass on the King videos unless anyone wants to lend them to me?

I too bought the Met Office CD. That is very helpful as it is much easier to watch it happen on screen than read about it.

Now if I can just get my head around the DI gyro drift, topple and wander equations:o

Martin

Julian
20th Jan 2003, 19:36
I borrowed the King King FAA IR CDs from my flight school to use during the evenings in the hotel. If you can put up with the cr@p attempts at humour they were actually pretty good with everything explain clearly.

Not used any of the other course King CDs so cant comment on those.