PDA

View Full Version : Single engine Baron at Jandakot

Bagot_Community_Locator
20th Jan 2003, 09:27
Watching GWN news tonight I saw Natalie Forrest report about the incident at Jandakot today. A Beechcraft Baron made an emergency landing with the nose wheel not down and locked.

It had actual footage of the aircraft landing and you could see the nose leg not in place. You could clearly identify it as a Beechcraft Baron and even if you did not know what type of aircraft, you could see that it has 2 engines / 2 propellers.

However Natalie Forrest reported it as being a "single engine aircraft". :confused: :confused:

A singled engine Baron even though it actually has 2 engines !!!!

Does that mean now that all the hours I have logged in a Baron have to be moved across to the "single engine column" in my logbook ? :D :D :D

At least you will not need a ME CIR to fly one now. :D :D

Tinstaafl
20th Jan 2003, 21:44
Don't be silly!

All those two engine variants? You're allowed to split them & count the hours twice as long as you log them as Bonanzas.

Lloyd Braun
21st Jan 2003, 03:56
What was the aircraft rego ??

Bagot_Community_Locator
21st Jan 2003, 08:11
If only the media would report a single engine as being a twin ( I am sure they maybe have by now) - or even better, a jet :D :D :D :D

Piston Twin
21st Jan 2003, 11:14
Lloyd rego was SQJ

Well done to the pilot, looked like he did a wonderful job, and was lucky the nose wheel eventually locked in when it did.

PT