View Full Version : Whens the best month to go to florida?

Tarmach
8th May 2001, 22:32
Whens the best month to go to florida? Whats the visibility usually like there?

Thanks

wtpurser
8th May 2001, 22:40
When the sun shines my friend ! :) :]

kabz
8th May 2001, 22:53
Here's a link to average conditions in florida.

http://www.weather.com/weather/climatology/USFL0316

There's been a drought there for a few years, so not much rain. Extreme storms sometimes.

If it's anything like Texas, visibility will degrade a lot in prolonged stable air, but be great for a few days after any lows sweep through.

[This message has been edited by kabz (edited 08 May 2001).]

Superpilot
8th May 2001, 22:59
Went last year (Aug/Sep) - very very hot, wouldn't recommend it. Best months are April, May and June.

One in 5 mornings were extremely smoggy, but it always managed to clear up by 10:00. Visibilty generally very good.

[This message has been edited by Superpilot (edited 08 May 2001).]

Hob78
9th May 2001, 00:10
I went to Merrit Island for a couple of weeks in December to finish off my licence. It was great, clear skies every day bar one where the cloud base was too low, but 13 days out of 14 wasn't bad. And there were no thunderstorms like there are in the summer months which tend to rule out a couple of hours a day.

Hob

Sensible
9th May 2001, 00:44
Sept/Oct/Nov is very humid with ferocious storms and twisters. Dec through to May is nice. June/Jul/Aug hot with t/storms pm

Just generalising but pretty well predictable.

RVR800
9th May 2001, 12:05
May to October - Get up early fly until
lunch then have a break until late afternoon
- tropical CBs

Visibility is excellent most days

November to April is best unless you want to
spend all afternoon in CAT avoiding the CBs

ickle black box
9th May 2001, 13:25
Mid August is really hot, and you always try to stay in airconditioned places. By mid September it's nice hot, and you are keen to be in airconditioned places. By mid October, aircon'd places are nice, but you'll also sit outside far more comfortably.

If I was going again, I'd aim for september. It's hot, but not overly swealteringly hot.

ickle ;)

bumpffslam
10th May 2001, 01:25
Why Florida? Try Pheonix Arizona. I went in February. BA fare was approx £235 and I slept there and back across 4 seats !

Weather was brilliant, flying amazing. I flew at Chandler Air Services. See www.aerobatics.com (http://www.aerobatics.com) Not the cheapest but nice efficient set up.

Catchthepidgeon
11th May 2001, 13:50
Went to Kissimmee Mid November 26C lost one day due to high winds in two weeks of flying weather was great little or no Cb activity and good vis and again hot but not excessively

[This message has been edited by Catchthepidgeon (edited 11 May 2001).]