PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines employ male cabin crew?

Adde
18th Jan 2003, 20:24
Is it true Singapore Airlines employ male cabin crew who are not Singaporeans? A girl on the internet claims this!

If they do, does anyone know what nationalities they employ and what the requirements are?

Thank you!

Adde
19th Jan 2003, 11:38
Perhaps they are. I don't know.

goofy76
20th Jan 2003, 00:09
SIA only recruits singaporean or malay nationals as flight stewards, and yes they are the ones working hard in the galley on most flights.

cyberkitty
20th Jan 2003, 04:42
they only employ asian as they want to maintain the Asian airline image. how do i know this? well it was in the newspapers a few yrs back that they don't employ caucasian. sorry...

AViON calling!!
20th Jan 2003, 12:41
Sorry cyberkitty,
I know for a fact that SIA have employed caucasian crew (well at least 1 anyway), I have met her going through immigration. We were so suprised at this sight as we thought SIA only employed Singaporean and Malay also. After consulting some SIA crew I know I found out that she is infact caucasian but is also a Singaporean citizen, and stunning might I add!! I think she may be the only one though.

And yes, the males are confined to the galley positions. You couldn't possibly allow the girls to work in a galley with those open flip flops they wear (or do they change inflight).

cyberkitty
20th Jan 2003, 16:40
yup she is one and only but she is not purely caucasian. heard from my someone she is in fact singahalese and dutch parentage. she is a s'porean, born here...and dunno if i got it right, her lil' sister is a s'pore model. very stunning lady...

Adde
20th Jan 2003, 17:18
In other words I don't stand any chance with Singapore Airlines. But I could always put in my application with them and see if I get a responce, or would it be waiste of time?

cyberkitty
20th Jan 2003, 19:35
adde.....the interview is conduct in their respective countries. no application, just walk in. you can apply as many time as you want, no restriction unlike other airlines whereby you had to wait 6 mths before you can re-apply with them.

SQ286
3rd Aug 2003, 21:59
Just to let you know... SQ do employ nationalities other than singaporean or malay...

they also employ indians...

and they do have closed toe shoes if they chose to wear them

CheerBear
3rd Aug 2003, 23:42
I'm a flight attendent for Singapore Airlines so I can tell you this.

For males, SIA only employs Singapore citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.

For females, we do employ Singaporeans, Malaysians, Japanese, Indonesians, Indians, Chinese and Koreans.

The girl that one of the poster mentioned, I've got a strong feeling she's Junita Simon's sister from the description given. I can't remember her name though. Junita Simon is a model in Singapore. Their father, Anil Simon is a inflight supervisor with SIA as well.

SIA do employ part-Asians who are Singapore citizens or permanent residents. As Singapore is a multi-racial country, we've got many mixed marriages here. The most important thing they look out for when employing people of mixed parentage is that they must still look Asian and their slang should preferably be not too strong.

Hope this helps!