PDA

View Full Version : Converting UK ATPL(H) to Australian

pitchlink
18th Jan 2003, 17:01
My understanding is that I would have to do the Australian Air Law exam for the issue of an Aussie License. Is this the case? Anybody out there with any information would be appreciated!! Can the exam be sat anywhere in UK or will I have to book a holiday down under?

Arm out the window
18th Jan 2003, 21:28
You may already know about this, but a lot of our orders and regulations are on the web at www.casa.gov.au, so have a look there.
For the conversion of an ATPL (H), for example, apparently you have to sit an overseas conversion exam, which I don't have details of but would imagine it's air law oriented.
Have a look at the Civil Aviation Orders (CAR 1988), Section 5 Reg 5.174 and 5.181 as a start point.
I think it is possible to sit exams outside Australia, but an email to CASA with a query would give you the (hopefully) correct answer about that.
The web site mentioned above is quite good - CASA cops a good deal of slagging over here about various things, but they have done a good job with this site at least!

pitchlink
19th Jan 2003, 22:34
Thanks for the reply! Found the sight last night, some good information. What is the job market like down under for an experienced twin crew IFR pilot?

overpitched
21st Jan 2003, 03:41
In the latest Rotor & Wing there is an article about an upcoming ems service to be started in Perth WA.