PDA

View Full Version : ScotAirways threads removed ?????

The Grooover
18th Jan 2003, 10:17
I see that both of the current threads on the above mentioned have been removed.

Did Jaw2001 realise that you need hard evidence, and a bigger picture to back gossip. be it true or false ??

I think we should be told !!

TG

--------------------------------------------------------------:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Smokie
19th Jan 2003, 11:49
There were several threads on FlyBe that were removed late last year aswell; with none of them any more contoversial than say, the Ryan/Easy/BMI/BACX/Virgin/BA debates.

Perhaps they were getting too close to the truth and were "got at" by "D Management"

Anyway, since then the silence has been deafening.

PPRuNe Radar
19th Jan 2003, 15:40
Site policy when a Moderator pulls a thread is to put a copy in the Admin area for future reference. As there are no threads in there about ScotAirways, the most probable reason for it's disappearance is that the starter of the thread(s) deleted it/them themselves.

Smokie
20th Jan 2003, 10:41
I am not suggesting that it was the Pprune management,
but those of the airlines concerned, through either private messages or e-mails; if those functions are enabled on the control panels of those who started the topic. :(

puddle-jumper
20th Jan 2003, 16:04
The function of being able to delete an entire thread if you were the one to start it needs changing. If an individual feels that he/she would like to delete their thread it should not in affect kill the discussion and therefore stop others from contributing to it.

This happened with 2 very good FlyBe threads last year which is probably the reason there is now a deafening silence from the FlyBe lot.
:(

BOAC
20th Jan 2003, 22:28
No need to change the 'function', p-j: the thread starter can just edit the post rather than delete if desired.

EG Leave a :) or a :o instead of something contentious!

snooky
21st Jan 2003, 08:19
I think that the threads were just merged and put into "Airlines, Airports and Routes".

Smokie
21st Jan 2003, 10:27
I have just scanned though the last 60 days /9 pages of Airports Airlines and Routes, including the merged thread with
"Air Scotland" but alas to no avail !

Looks like the original topic starter has deleted it themselves.