PDA

View Full Version : Staff travel - Do you upgrade?

SlowAndSilly
18th Jan 2003, 08:42
Hi!

I'm kind of new to ID/ZED agreements and haven't had the chance to make alot of trips when off duty, but I have got an question:

When checking in staff which has ID/ZED agreements with your airline. Do you upgrade?

best regards

jar66_b2
3rd Feb 2003, 22:14
Think it depends on the mood of the person. I've managed a couple of times to blag an upgrade on my own airline, most of the time I'm sitting down the back (Sure they'd put me in cargo if they could!), other times I've been lucky they've let me on cos I wanted to catch an earlier flight. Although my sister travelling on my concession has been upgraded to club a couple of times.

People I've spoken to from other airlines have told me that usually other airlines will get put down the back.

I think it's just down to luck of the draw. That is the magical way Staff travel works. Dress smart and try your luck

groundhugger
9th Feb 2003, 17:42
cant speak for others but personally if I know about staff travelling on the flight in plenty of time and we have enought meals on the flight will try and upgrade where possible.

Personally think the best person to try and get an upgrade from is the dispatcher (especially with the airline I work for).
Have found that American Airlines are very good at upgrading especially on internal US flights as me and a mate got upgrade on 2 out of 3 flights even when we were wearing shorts in the scorching heat (excellent service aswell)

good luck

Onan the Clumsy
10th Feb 2003, 17:00
That's 'cos they were Hooters shorts right? :}

Dispatcher
12th Feb 2003, 08:01
Hi Slow and Silly !

Pretty much as these guys have said really - depends on the booked figure of course, if there is space available and the meals are there it just depends on who your gate team are and who the dispatcher is !

It also makes a difference which airline staff you are, ie: UA and BD will always try and upgrade each other as we know it's reciprochal ! SQ on the other hand, you haven't got a pork chops chance in a synagogue of an upgrade - bloody good service tho !

Basically keep yourself pretty smart, be a happy chap checking in and always politley ask if you can scrounge a seat further forward in the cabin !! It is always nice turning left instead of right from the jetty onto the plane !

rgds Dispatcher :D

hapzim
15th Feb 2003, 15:28
Hi I use staff travel often. Most carriers will put you in club/business if econ is full. The one exception is FLY-BE who will depart with empty seats (all of them) in Business and leave staff pax including own company behind.

This is usually to the embarressment of their own staff and handling agents.

I think most staff will agree all they hopefore is a seat, not the service ensuring no cost to the airline.

We have to use subload as more often than not the possibility of purchasing low cost fares with our late rostering and programme changes is not possible.:confused: