PDA

View Full Version : Business First Qantas

vdd
18th Jan 2003, 04:54
Hello all

I've recently heard that Qantas will have 'Business First' F/As and was wondering what it was all about?

Is a 'Business First' F/A similar to a First Class F/A? Does a F/A have to do so many years service before being promoted to Business First or is promotion based on merit?

Cheers
vdd :p

AViON calling!!
18th Jan 2003, 08:56
Who works up the front now? I would have thought nothing would change. From what I have heard this will only affect the number of First Class F/A's as QF are only removing First class from some 747-400's, not all, and will just be upgrading the standard of Business class on those flights these particular A/C operate. Many airlines have done this, remove F class on those routes where it is unprofitable and replace it with a better J class. I think it will be a great product and a very sensible move.

BusinessFirst, ah where have I heard that before, Continental, Ansett. Didn't Ansett have to rename their BusinessFirst product after it was discovered Continental had already claimed that name? Just a thought.

capt cynical
19th Jan 2003, 09:28
edited by Moderator

Evacu8
19th Jan 2003, 14:28
BusinessFirst is not the name of a new product (as with Ansett etc) it just relates to cabin crew positions.

BFirst is a newly created position. Those selected by merit, from current longhaul crew ranks, will join with the current First Class crew to create this position. The result will be crew trained in both first and business procedures. They will be planned to work in either first or business. This is designed to have crew who are skilled, and recent , in the procedures of first and business - rather than having crew working there occasionally, and not being fully up-to-date with procedures and standards.

The remaining crew will work in Economy class. But, according to the Q&A's about the position, it hasnt been decided what the new work positions will entail ie. if some Economy crew will still assist in business as with current procedures. All successful crew will be trained to current first and business class procedures.

The selection is based soley on merit, it does not have anything to do with seniority, age, sex or sexual preference. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The pay will be at current first class rates.

All the info above is on the CC website, along with the usual Q&A sheets etc.

The assessments are happening in Syd and Mel at the moment. (Not too sure about Per).

Good luck to all who have applied! I believe (through the old grape vine), that most of the longhaul flight attendants have applied! So I dare say it will be pretty competitive.

Cart_tart
20th Jan 2003, 07:51
speaking of grapevines....
has anyone heard if job offers have been made from the last recruitment drive??? Any ideas of when ground school starts?
Cheers CT

capt cynical
20th Jan 2003, 10:07
Sorry, flyblue
I must remember not to get too close to reality in future :(

Edited by Moderator:
No Cynical, you should remember to watch your mouth from now on.
Next one is a warning.

Flyblue