PDA

View Full Version : *new Impulse Eba*

ditzyboy
18th Jan 2003, 02:29
Hello!

I would like to invite / encourage all Pulse chicks on Pprune to embrace the new EBA on offer. The negotiatios were long/difficult and we haven't given anything up but gained a lot under the new agreement.

Impulse FAs have come a long way in two years and I would like to see us secure our future under the proposed agreement. I truly believe both parties have created an agreement which will only serve to improve our working conditions once more.

Spread the word - VOTE YES!!!

* There will be a pep rally held on the sports field at 2pm. BYO pom poms! :)

cabinboy
18th Jan 2003, 07:20
ditzyboy,

even though I'm not a pulse chick i know that you and mr seatback have put a lot of effort into this new EBA - well done on a hard job.

pls make your EBA available to other QFLINK subsid's for copying !

Regards
CB

tyra
18th Jan 2003, 08:53
hey ditzyboy, im with you on the new EBA. I will be voting YES for this one and I hope all others do to!!

GalleyHag
18th Jan 2003, 23:16
Congrats on the new EBA. Are you guys now going to get Career Progression like the other regionals? Which is exactly what you deserve.

ditzyboy
19th Jan 2003, 00:15
GalleyHag -
We got career progression to Short Haul division. Not for me but it has made a lot of the boys and girls happy!

Cabinboy -
I don't know why we all can't be endorsed on each other's a/c and have the same EBA. Actually I do know why. It's a stupid idea but I'd like to work on a Dash sometimes. :) Would be a hoot me thinks! I'd probably chip a nail on that QLD milk run up the coast... Oh and Mr Seatback deserves all the praise for his hard work and dedication. It is a pity that people who have been around longer than him don't share his passion for a better working environment...

tyra -
Try and get everyone excited about it. There's a lot of "I am precious and I want more more more..." going around at the moment. I am going to visit everyone who thinks like this and kink them in the shins! Would you like to join me? *just kidding*

cabinboy
19th Jan 2003, 04:58
Ditzy,

That would be a fantastic Idea re: QFLINK being endorsed on all a/c. If that was the case career progression would not be such an issue. All us link chicks would be having our cake ..and eating it too ! Good God !

The Sunstate crew would be perfect " add on's " to 717 flights from BNE-ROK/MKY etc and likewise for Eastern crews out of SYD - it would keep all QFLINK staff happy and enthusiastic. At the other end of the scale the impulse crews would get to fly on the Dash on their own (or with another on the -300 series ) and experience the ultimate responsibility of being the only f/a on board doing EVERYTHING. ( p.s - this would certainly make some of the "precious" ones you are referring to a little less "precious" !!)

Another reason why I love your idea is that this would be perfect for the poor NJS girls whose future is not looking so bright. Being endorsed on DH8 and 717 as well as their 146's make them easy integrated into QFLINK when NJS dissapears.

Maybe we should all be in management !

regards
cabinboy
Endorsed - DH8/146/717 ( I wish ! )

jupiter2
20th Jan 2003, 06:50
That would also mean a slight pay rise on top of the $27,000 a year that Eastern F/A's currently receive.......dont think it's gonna happen.

djembe56
20th Jan 2003, 20:15
Dear Ditzy

Can you clarify your last post? Do Impulse FAs have progression into QF shorthaul or are you asking for progression in your new EBA?

Either way what's good for the rest of QFlink is good for you guys.

Now all we need to see is progression for the pilots.

ditzyboy
20th Jan 2003, 22:45
djembe56 -
Yes we have career progression to short haul. But only if the troops vote 'YES' to the proposed agreement. If it is voted down then who knows what will chop and change.... I think it will probably stay in there regardless but that is just a personal opinion. It is a benefit and not a right!

Wingletts
22nd Jan 2003, 22:20
Hey Ditzy,

Check your PM's OK
Wingletts;)

GalleyHag
23rd Jan 2003, 10:43
Hi Ditzyboy

In regard to progression have Impulse given you numbers and the terms of progression? Is it included in your EBA or is it a seperate progression document?

ditzyboy
24th Jan 2003, 03:56
Hi GalleyHag

I have been given a rough outline of it all but nothing official. It is all fairly standard stuff. The Career Progression clause is within the proposed agreement but the actual details are to be advised. Like I said it is fairly standard. The movement figure I was given is a more than what I thought. I will advise you when it is official.

Hope that helps!

ditzyboy
8th Feb 2003, 03:00
IT WAS VOTED IN!!!

Well, I didn't think that would happen! Oh well.... GREAT news! :D

nickmelb
8th Feb 2003, 05:10
ditzyboy

well done on getting it voted in! Im sure u worked hard at it buddy...cheers

nick:p :p