PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or do the night shifts drag this time of year????

GOBWX
17th Jan 2003, 02:55
here i am 0345 on a friday morning with nothing to do.... feet up teas all gone BBC news 24 driving me to dispare....

why are you posting this i hear you cry!!!!

im just trying to fill time between now and my 0450 slot rush

well is there any one out there who was on the ukoma course last march.... if so how are ya,

if there are any newbies reading this and you are new to a company i do suggest that you get your self on one of these drinking binges sorry i mean learning weeks ASAP....

oh and a hello to all Ex BWA people.. im ok and no longer have giant space hoppers!!!!

i dont expect any replys.... unless you wish to insult me, but i guess that was going to be your intention any way....

well thats it... off for my 7th cuppa

looking forward to ya insults......

WX
aka Cholestol Kid
aka Monkey Boy
aka Lairy

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

AndyDRHuddleston
17th Jan 2003, 08:04
GOBWX

I've been with Operations for just over 14 months now and was looking at attending the UKOMA **** up!!! - Would you recommend this (learning content) or is it specifically intended for brand new guys?

Cheers

Andy

njdispatcher
18th Jan 2003, 05:20
atleast you have a TV !!

SAIIP
28th Jan 2003, 00:52
After 2 years working with normal office hours, I do missed the night shift...
On a night shift we used to be busy with the US flight in and out and preparing the day in europe, is fun sometime except in bad weather conditions you will never leave you seat until your handover..compare with the 9-5 stuff I think is nice...

Little Blue
29th Jan 2003, 08:07
UKOMA course?
Drinking binge?....
You bet...did mine back in 94 , at the Holiday Inn, LGW...
The last day exam was just a blur !
Wonder where Jerry is these days?
And on the subject of night shifts...glad to see that you
have a telly to gleg at...
All we've got is crewing !!
Wish we could turn them off at 0330 !
;) ;)

Fly_146
1st Feb 2003, 14:35
Our Ops dept has unlimited internet (I know some airlines BLOCK PPRUNE!), DVD player and TV with surround sound speakers, Sega mega drive and sleeping bags! :O Oh and an alarm clock for the morning.

Billy The Squid
4th Feb 2003, 14:31
I recommend all to who get the chance, that they go on the UKOMA course. I bet you learn something and it's a great way to meet other people in the industry...and the end of course curry night is a tradition that must be experienced.

At this point i'd like to say hello to all my fellow UKOMA conscripts from the class of Feb 2001!!!.

GOBWX, as for the nightshifts....you can always give me a bell on nights if you wish (as you have been doing!).

:cool: