PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal of Departure/Approach Plates (DAP) Amendment

Four Seven Eleven
16th Jan 2003, 06:47
If you have received your DAP amendments, read this first.....

Withdrawal of DAP Amendment (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/mediainfo/custnewsflash/archive/custnewsarc2003/2003_1_15.htm)

cficare
17th Jan 2003, 03:51
I hope this means my amendment service is extended for a futher 3 months.

Luca_brasi
17th Jan 2003, 21:59
Gee I'm glad i didnt put the amendments in as soon as i got them like im meant to. :rolleyes:

What happens to those who have already put the amendments in and therefore a) have to go and find the Amd 91 ones again to destroy them and b) have most likely destroyed the old plates??

Or did most people get hold of this cancellation before they amended their plates? I also know there was a NOTAM for it but again did anybody get caught out?

Freek Flyer
18th Jan 2003, 08:57
I dont think your meant to put the amendments in when you receive them. My understanding was that they are meant to go in when they become valid. Otherwise you will be flying with invalid plates for a month at least.

I could be wrong...

Cheers All

Icarus2001
20th Jan 2003, 05:27
Luca Brasi , Freek Flyer is correct. Why would you "insert" or even carry plates that are not current for one month hence?

Ash767
21st Jan 2003, 11:24
That is going to be a good feeling to divert those amendments to their alternate, the round filing cabinet. Recycling one of course!

Luca_brasi
24th Jan 2003, 05:15
Sorry for long reply back from holidays

I realised that exact point while i was away :eek:

barleyhi
30th Jan 2003, 03:03
What happens to those of you who fly a/c with current data cards for your GPS.

Do you not update the card till amendment 92 comes out in April? This would mean flying IFR with an out of date data card.

Some GPS units will not allow you to conduct a GPS NPA approach without the Datacard being current.

I am awaiting an answer from AsA who so far advise that no of the information made it to Jeppesen. Will keep you posted.

BH