PDA

View Full Version : 3 more 717s

slice
16th Jan 2003, 01:40
Jusplanes are reporting Qlink have ordered 3 more 717s, but that 3 DHC8s (Eastern ?) are to be returned to their lessors. Does anyone know how many B1900 drivers are still waiting for a slot?

HOBAY 3
16th Jan 2003, 03:37
Wasn't there a rumour a while back about 6 new 717s coming, but 3 going back, thus a net increase of 3 to the fleet?

:)

1A_Please
16th Jan 2003, 05:14
Slice, I think you may be a trifle dyslexic. Just Planes is correctly reporting that QF Link has ordered 3 more Dash 8-300s and are returning 3 older Dash 8s to lessors. Theire is no mention of 717s. Wishful thinking maybe:rolleyes:

slice
16th Jan 2003, 13:39
I swear that when I read the page this morning it said 717s. Crickey, time for my medication! :( :( :(

Hugh Jarse
17th Jan 2003, 07:45
2 of the -315s are not going back in the immediate future. FMS to be re-installed in TQB & C and training starts on the next roster as new units are to be so equipped.

Who knows what's happening with TQA.

Slice, there are 3 new -315's going into the fleet. Where is yet to be announced.

Think there are around 30 B1900 pilots yet to go back.

Douglas Mcdonnell
17th Jan 2003, 21:54
Jarse, Maybe with the expansion of the Dash 8 fleet and intergration talks progressing EAA could find some positions for those redundant 1900 pilots? Being that we all work for qlink. As you have pointed out a few times.

hoss
17th Jan 2003, 23:46
I stand to be corrected, but wouldn't a common Qantaslink seniority list take care of most of the 1900 Pilots? My guess is there is going to be a fair bit of movement in the Dash fleet this year.

Safe flying, hoss

Hugh Jarse
19th Jan 2003, 05:33
Dougie, EAA has interviewed several of the IMP pilots when the smell went bad on the IMP turboprop fleet (if you know what I mean).

Should I say all that applied have been interviewed (to the best of my knowledge). You should know that not all of them did apply(for whatever reason).

For those that were hoping for it, Kumar effectively canned any prospect for turboprop crews to progress any further. His reason: "We don't have to". :mad:

QF will pay for it dearly with ongoing and increasing training costs associated with a high staff turnover as people move on with their careers. Recruiting in our region is steadily picking up and I would estimate at least 70% of the QF Link work force is actively seeking alternate employment.

With only 1 simulator available for training and checking I give it 6 months until it comes to saturation point for AusProp.

Hopefully heads will roll in the Evil Empire when the wheels fall off the cart.......

Dougie, if you have a means of contact, send me an email. Truth is stranger than fiction ;)

gaunty
19th Jan 2003, 12:44
Jarse me old :)

Hopefully heads will roll in the Evil Empire when the wheels fall off the cart.......

I'm sure it is as much a mystery to you as it is to me, that for all of the touted "management skills" claimed by the incumbents or those that that put them there and are supposed to be supervising them, they do not seem to be able to think beyond the end of their nose or the next pay packet. :rolleyes:

Albert Schweitzer was right, when asked what he thought was the main problem with humanity and said.
"People just don't think".

If you and I can work it out why can't they.