PDA

View Full Version : jmc/ thomas cook info

kaybee
15th Jan 2003, 15:20
hello all. im new to this forum. been reading all ur msg's.....by far the best of airline websites..anyways im due to begin training with jmc/thomas cook in march and was wondering if anyone knows much about them like short/long haul, uniforms, and are we part of the id90 scheme?? plaese please write back and hope to see all u gatwick based peeps soon.
xxx

expedite_climb
15th Jan 2003, 15:50
Hi kaybee,

I'm flightdeck not cabin but anyway. I believe current uniforms are not popular, but thats irrelevant as everyone has the new Thomas Cook ones as of 1st April. I believe well received if mixed opinion. Certainly better quality than the green stuff.

From the crew I speak to you'll certainly be busy. I doubt that youll be trained for long haul, as I guess its your first season. Short haul isnt really that short, with Palma, Ibiza and Menorca being the shortest we really do in the summer, and thats a 8 hour day. More likely to be 10 - 13 hour days (or longer), expect night flights and 14+ trips a month.

Not sure about id90. Staff travel is limited if its your first year - basically after 6 months it improves and you start getting things like last minute (48hrs) deals for £75 a head, or 50% holidays with jmc.

Oh and watch out for a few of the cc managers who are a bit up their own xxxx.

Hope this helps.... see you @ lgw

kaybee
15th Jan 2003, 22:28
thanx so much... nah i kinda thoight id be doin short haul and probs on standby for the season. us little juniors are also entitled to the 75 pound hols now which is good. do u know if we can go on any of their route or stick to just europe?