PDA

View Full Version : anyone work for GULFAIR? advice needed!

alicia
15th Jan 2003, 14:18
Hi there,I JUST WONDERED IF ANY OF U GUYS CAN HELP ME MAKE A DECISION? I have been offered a job with gulf and have to give an answer shortly,i really cannot decide wot to do? is there any one who can tell me how life is like in BAHRAIN? how the airline is? etc etc... i would be really greatfull for ur replys! Alicia.xx:) :confused:

taba
15th Jan 2003, 14:27
BAH is a lively little place, good expat lifestyle with restaurants pubs and clubs.

They've had a few anti war demos recently but that happens all over the gulf region and indeed the world!

As opposed to places like Doha and Muscat etc they have more of an offlicence type thing going where you can just go in and buy a bottle of wine.

As for GF well not much to choose from between them and QR but at least AAB is not in BAH!

Enjoy!!

PM me if you go as I can put you in touch with a couple of contacts!

Pam747
17th Jan 2003, 20:55
Hi Alicia

I worked for Gulf Air for two and a half years, and absolutely loved it. Its a great company to work for, and even though Bahrain is very small, there is a fantastic night life. The rules are very relaxed there, and alcohol is freely available. You will hardly ever pay for a drink as ladies are entitled to free drinks in most of the pubs and clubs. Sounds a bit rediculous I know, but its true. You have been offered an opportunity of a life time, so my advise is to take it. If after you get there and decided you don't like it, then there is always an option to leave, but at least you have tried it :D .

Pam XXX