PDA

View Full Version : BA First arrivals lounge

knobbygb
15th Jan 2003, 07:09
Will be arriving into LHR in First in a few weeks. Just wondered if anyone had experienced the arrivals lounge.

Didn't get chance to visit last time as I had a 1hr connection, but this time it's nearly 5 hrs :eek: Where is it - before or after immigration/customs? The BA website reckons you can have a shower and a massage followed by a cooked breakfast - I assume the massage costs extra, yes?

chippy63
15th Jan 2003, 08:57
I've used it a few times and it is an excellent facility.
Turn right when you come out of T4 customs and it is in the far corner. There is a sign. Show your boarding pass. Baggage room and showers on the ground floor. Massage is upstairs and you need to book it on arrival. It is free. Breakfast is also available upstairs.
Enjoy it, it's a great start to the day. :)

SLF
16th Jan 2003, 19:59
Used it myself this week. It's available for First, Club and Gold exec club, offers great showers (about 40 cubicles) and valet services for pressing clothes too.

The nice people let me in :) (thanks!) even though I've been busted back to silver...:(

knobbygb
17th Jan 2003, 14:23
Thanks. Don't wan't to sound sexist or anything, but, sod it I will... Are any of the masseurs beautiful, young and Sweedish? Thought not.

Another thought. I'm arriving from Miami. Now, I know MIA flights depart from T3, but do they arrive there too? I wouldn't have thought there'd be any point since it's not the same aircraft which works the return flight. But if they do, that'll mean I have to drag all my luggage on the tube to T4 to use the lounge - not a very good image to present to First passengers I'd have thought! I don't suppose they will shuttle eligible passangers over there will they?

Globaliser
20th Jan 2003, 14:50
MIA arrives at T3, too. It's all a real pain, because now that the BA lounge is shut we have to use the AA lounge which is rubbish in comparison.

I think that AA has an arrivals facility at T3 which inbound BA pax from MIA can use. You might want to investigate this. Never myself having qualified to use an arrivals lounge, I've got no idea how the AA one would compare.

BulkheadIsle
20th Jan 2003, 16:11
The AA lounge in T3 is outside customs, through the crowds and up the elevator to the mezzanine level (next to the staff canteen I believe). It is next to the United arrivals suite and I believe very similar ie good shower but no clothes press, continental breakfast and papers it is OK but nothing special.

knobbygb
22nd Jan 2003, 09:36
Thanks. Will provide feedback in a couple of weeks, if anyone's interested...