PDA

View Full Version : DPM format

fliteplanet
15th Jan 2003, 05:22
Hello gents,
Is there anybody to help me:
I would like to know if some dispatch uses Daily Program Message, sent the day before to confirm scheduled flights to all concerned stations.
Does IATA format exist for such message, and what is this format?

Thanks for help.

You splitter
15th Jan 2003, 10:18
fp,

A few companys send out a copy of their program for the folowing day. Mostly a charter carrier thing as it's a good way of 'reminding' the handling agents of the flight, informing outstsions engineers etc of what's happening the next day.

Most sxcheduled carriers will amend, add, cancel flights by use of an ASM (ad-hoc service message). Formatts, and there are a few depending on what you are actually doing) are in the IATA airport handling manual refernece AHM 785.

I've had a look for any sort of official format as you asked but can't see one.

Just clearly marking the reg, config and planned operation of each aircraft should suffice to get the message across. :D

Cheers

You splitter
15th Jan 2003, 12:17
Rescue 3,

Yep, thats what i used to call it too..... back in the day! ;)

One of my first jobs as an ops assistant. Back then there was no computer system to list it for you, so it was all hand typed.

Remeber this ba****d engineer who used to spot every mistake I would make on it. Straight on the phone taking the **** within two minutes of it going out.

Thank good for computers now!:D