View Full Version : Schools @ Coventry

MikeSamuel
7th May 2001, 13:33
Hi people...

Has anyone done or is anyone training at Coventry Airport for any license? What club do you use? Who are the best? Help me out guys...

Regards

Mike

------------------
Anyone like to sponsor a 16 year old aspiring pilot to do a PPL? I have little money, but have an amazing attraction to an aviation career/lifestyle - Email me please!!

Delta Wun-Wun
7th May 2001, 15:17
Although I did not train for my PPL there I now fly with Almat Flying Club based at Coventry.A very friendly setup with some very knowledgable Instructors.PPL hire is £61 an hour for a 150,add about £10 or £11 for an Instructor.E-mail me if you want any further info.

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

JB007
7th May 2001, 15:29
Midland Air Training looked very good and quite cheap...alot cheaper than down here in the south for the same A/c type!!!

They are on the Airpark...turn left at the Vulcan Bomber!!!!

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

MikeSamuel
7th May 2001, 15:48
Thanks very much 007, i just checked them out - damn they are cheap!
Will go check it out in a week or two. Are you from Cov yourself? Drop me a line via. email if you like...

Regards
Mike

Autofly
7th May 2001, 16:23
Mike,

Also consider Coventry Flying School. Once you've got your licence there is some very cheap flying to be done at 48 quid an hour!!! You subscribe to the club at £30 a month and fly C152's at this crazy price. I'm on it! Quite alot of people use this to hour build and having read a couple of your posts, sounds like this includes you. Its a great school with a really friendly atmosphere and great instructors. Feel free to mail me for more info of check out the website at www.cix.co.uk/~repdesign/covaero/cacluba.htm (http://www.cix.co.uk/~repdesign/covaero/
)

Hope this helps

AF

[This message has been edited by Autofly (edited 07 May 2001).]