PDA

View Full Version : Flying training at Moorabbin

maksim
14th Jan 2003, 08:11
Hi to all,

I am going to take some fl training before converting my OS for Aus CPL at Moorabbin. I have looked through all websites of local flying schools and they all look the same ( quite well ). Many PPRune mates have gone through them, so could you spread your opinion overthere. Any points will be appreciatted :)

Regards Maks

Ang737
14th Jan 2003, 22:56
Hi Maks

I tend to prefer the schools at Essendon. I have done training at EN, MB, PCK and of the lot I consider EN the best airspace to train in. The facilities at EN are exceptional with T-VASIS on runways 17/35 and 08. Rwy 26 has an ILS. Good control airspace practise as well...

Try schools such as Wings, NAT, Pearson, but my preference is Crest Aviation 93799032

Good Luck Maks

Ang... ;)

maksim
16th Jan 2003, 08:06
Thanks for replies mates ( private message included :) )
May be any other points?
At present my aim just getting Aussi CPL to apply for permanent visa, but then I guess it will be necessary to get MEIR for full ATPL conversion. I suppose the good idea not to change training provider in future. What FSchool is more preferable from that point of view?
Is a difference for employers at what school you got your training?
Regards
Maks

Ang737
16th Jan 2003, 21:49
Hi Maks

Don't be fooled by the marketing engines at some schools that claim they are the Qantas preferred provider of flight training, or by the instructors with as many bars as a Capt trying to lure your dollar with a false sense of professionalism. Wow is that a little harse, maybe...

The school that you undertake your training does have a bearing on future employment but only the quality of the training that is provided. The larger schools I have seen tend to treat you as a number while instructors use you as an hour building tool. My personal preference in choosing an instructor is to choose someone who has been there done that.

Check out the syallabus that these schools have in place and compare the amount of dual flying need to get to your CPL. Don't be fooled by having to do a large slab of the training as dual cross country. I think the best thing to do is ring around the schools and ask what they can do for you. Its a large investment in your future and I think that they would be misleading you by advising you that there school is better than another in terms of employment. Its the quality of the syallabus and teh instructor that matters.

Okay I have crapped on long enough. Good luck with your training Maks..

Ang ;)

flymarshall.com
17th Jan 2003, 06:57
Smooth Ang737, very smooth! :D :D :D

Thumbs up for Crest at YMEN! Great school and best of all, great PEOPLE!!!

high talker
17th Jan 2003, 10:04
Don't be forced to stay in the big smoke. Look further a field. There are many more flying schools/airports out there other than MMB, MEN, PCK Depending on what part of melbourne you are in they can be just as easy to get if not quicker, Some have better service and your not treated as a number, your hip pocket often is not hit quite as hard as there is no langing fees etc. Why pay them when you come out with exactly the same ticket at the end.

maksim
18th Jan 2003, 07:00
Thanks, I am planning to stay not far Avalon, so may be Essendon is more acceptable. Has anyone got info about Essendon FSchools websites?
By the way, could any tell me what 'Air Flash priority' is? During my selfprep I haven't met such stuff in AIP, EnrSup...
Maks

I Fly
19th Jan 2003, 05:05
Maksim. 'Airflash priority' should be a thing of the past. If you have crashed and you need to ring the Authority through a manual exchange the 'airflash priority' will cause them to disconnect an existing call to give you a go. A 'airmove priority' will get you the next available line.

maksim
20th Jan 2003, 06:12
I Fly thank you for info. I have checked the last Day VFR Syll amendment, indeed the Airflash Priority have been deleted from it.

Regards Maks