PDA

View Full Version : Sausalito, California

MLS-12D
13th Jan 2003, 16:19
I will be in Sausalito for a week in April, and would like to take advantage of the opportunity to get a BFR sign-off. Can anyone recommend a flight school in the area?

Thanks!

JJflyer
15th Jan 2003, 10:19
Hey there...

I would think that the closest field with instructors to Sausalito and (SAU VOR) would be Novato or Gnoss field. There are some small flight schools onthe field as well a FAA Examiner RJ Jones. he did my FAA PPL, CPL and INST rides about 6 years ago.

If you are in Sausalito drive northbound on US101, take the ATHERTON AVE/SAN MARIN DR exit, turn right on ATHERTON AVE, turn left on BINFORD RD and finally turn right on AIRPORT RD and you are there. It will take you about 30 minutes in the morning against the traffic and up to 2 hours during the afternoon homecomings.

I have spend quite a few years in the Bay area and really enjoyed myself. Flying was nice ad so was shopping.

Email or msg me for more details or phone numbers.

Cheers

weasil
15th Jan 2003, 21:39
Petaluma is also another great airport near Sausalito to do flight training at. It is also in the North Bay and a little further then Gnoss Field but lots more flying goes on there. Bigger schools, more aircraft.

In the South Bay (Across the Golden Gate and through the city) is Palo Alto & San Carlos airports with loads of flight schools, and in the East Bay is Oakland, Hayward & San Jose, all of which have multiple flight schools and clubs at them.