PDA

View Full Version : Whats Happened To Coventry

rocketboots
8th Dec 2001, 18:57
Thinking of doing the JAR exams for ATPL(A).Did the national exams earlier this year,passed them all except flight planning,so resigned to sitting everything again.Having used ATA COVENTRY instructors for the nav and met subjects on a weekend brush up basis,i would very much like to do my exam studys through them(P.LINES your a nav and met god!!).Unfortunatley i cannot attend a full time residential course,so am looking to do a brush up course of say 2 weeks.The reason i would like Coventry is due to the fact that everybody who has studied there rave about it.Are ATA going to be doing such a course,and secondly how different will i find it compared to the national exams :eek: :eek: :eek:

Flypuppy
9th Dec 2001, 01:14
I am afraid you are going to have to complete a minimum of 650 hours of ground study :(

Currently ATA dont have a distance learning package so you would have to come and sample the delights of Coventry for 6 months. There are plans for a distance learning package but I am not sure how far advanced these plans are. They dont do any 2 week brush up courses any more but give Hilary a call and find out what they can offer you. (024 76639929)

rocketboots
9th Dec 2001, 13:37
Flypupy thanks for the reply.
Reference the 650 hours of groundschool.According to the CAA,and iv`e got this in writing,that anybody under the old national system who dipped out before June2001,and obtained at least one pass in either the tech or navs,shall be exempt the 650 hours of ground school,with the discretion of the training provider.With this in mind perhaps there is an opportunity for ATA to cater for such people?? ;)

redsnail
9th Dec 2001, 15:39
Note the rider "with the discretion of the Ground provider". They don't have to give you any time off at all.......
I think the hassle with ATA providing brush ups etc is that the instructors are time limited because of JAR. They can only spend 20 hours teaching a week. Also, they only have 2 class rooms and so the brush ups can only be done on the weekends. I would give Hilary a call and see what they can do.