View Full Version : AirAsia Recruitment

SuperRanger
13th Jan 2003, 12:12
CAPTAINS

- Malaysian ATPL
- Minimum total hours 4000 with 1000 P1 on acft >20,000kg

CO-PILOTS

- Malaysian ATPL/Frozen ATPL

Send CV, copies of certificates and a non-returnable passport-size photograph to:

Chief Executive Officer,
AirAsia Sdn. Bhd.,
Lot N1, Level 4, Main Terminal Building,
KL International Airport,
64000 Sepang,
Selangor.

CLOSING DATE : 27th January 2003

flyingchinaman
24th Jan 2003, 02:50
Is this for real?

I've just logged on to PPrune after a 2 week break, because of this damn Desk Flying job. I will send my application from the Great White North now. Hope FedEx does 3 day service to KL from Vancouver

:eek:

kwaiyai
25th Jan 2003, 03:28
You bet,I saw an ad up at the MFA as well:cool:

miharbik c&t
27th Jan 2003, 13:39
kwaiyai ,

check your pm.

Thanks

:eek:

kwaiyai
5th Feb 2003, 11:15
Hi Miharbik,
Sorry for delay check your PM,
Regards:O

Angels40
7th Feb 2003, 20:38
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone has any info on the salary and overall Package offered by Air Asia for an F/O with Uk Jar ATPL.

Much obliged

freightdriver
8th Feb 2003, 17:06
Is the recruitment still open beyond the 27 Jan cut-off date?

what is the working condition? is it a fun place to work? :D

Up and Away Again
8th Mar 2003, 16:28
Lets have some of the details about this company, especially pay and working conditions please.

Chill
9th Mar 2003, 00:03
:zzz:

They have a website you know ... it's only plastered all over their aircraft ... reading is such an enlightening past-time ...

The Rage
9th Mar 2003, 15:20
Well i hear a Captain gets around RM14k, now im not sure if thats clean take home. Anyway tax is 26% and a further 11% goes to a goverment provident fund. You get RM65 per sector. Work your bud off, and the rest of the terms are preety standard no frill airline stuff.
The Fo's take around Half of that with the same benefits, but of course their income tax bracket would be lower.
Company declared 3 months bonuses, after operating for one year and have set a target for 6 months next year.

Expat living in malaysia can be expensive, so dont count on saving much or none at all. Good luck.

Up and Away Again
9th Mar 2003, 16:35
Thanks Rage. Doesn't sound a lot! If they need expat Captains they are going to have to pay a little more than that.

I suppose thats good news for the locals and thats the way it should be, but I believe that part of the world to be short on experience.......

mig21bis
10th Mar 2003, 04:11
Sounds like a good job for me, or any pilot young and tired of turboprops that need to build up time on jet to get a better job at any major. Although pay is low and you dont save money on this type of airline you build up good jet time in not to much time as you fly as much the law let you. If we add that you can progress in relative low time to the left seat is not a bad job to stay for a a couple of years, make a good amount off PIC and SIC jet time and then move to a better job. For me, 24 years old is would be a great job. See you all at FL350.

kwaiyai
10th Mar 2003, 10:43
Actually KL is expensive to live, if you live out side you can live fairly well. I know I am and I earn less than Captain does :}

The Rage
10th Mar 2003, 13:56
The malaysian MCAR is based on the British CAP371, so these guys work u to the max, i understand they max out after 10 months. Anyway it dosent pay much compared to western standards, but in this current time it is something to go by. And believe me there wont be much change in salary for expats, in terms of expat allowance, all on local terms. Time to command is very fast, especially if u have the hours. I think it is 4000 hours. They are very short of crew including commanders, in the whole country, with the main carrier expanding, there arn't enough pilots in the country atleast for the next 5 years or so.

Up and Away Again
11th Mar 2003, 09:57
Thats what I heard as well Rage. I don't expect the situation to ease (on the lack of experience front) if they pay such a low wage.

I think the UKs a little like a prison so I would be happy to take a pay drop but that sort of pay with a family is just not possible.

Good luck to the first officers soon to become Captains:)

kwaiyai
11th Mar 2003, 10:36
Just out of interest, I would be interested to know if any expats have been hired. I know of one guy who has been messed about over work permit's.
Thanks in advance. :cool:

The Rage
13th Mar 2003, 03:24
They'll have to advertise in the daily's and only after a period of 3 months from that can they start the proses of hiring expats. Thats the Law.

captk
14th Mar 2003, 03:38
What about an expat with a Malaysian wife? Does he still need a work permit and does that open a few doors? After all there are a few expat pilots around with Malaysian wives!!

Idunno
14th Mar 2003, 21:32
Captk you should know that having a Malaysian wife earns a foreigner absolutely no additional rights or regard in Malaysia. In fact you won't even get PR. Their xenophobic policy is 'You marry Malaysian woman you take her home with you lah.'

Cargo Door
15th Mar 2003, 06:24
Believe there are expat crews working for a Malaysian Freight Co already on very good terms, so when expats are required it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Idunno
15th Mar 2003, 22:26
Yeah,,,'WhenRequired'....when not required PFO.

FarQ2
16th Mar 2003, 08:44
Bit of sour grapes there I think Idunno, apparently the Malaysian Co. concerned is very happy with their expats, very experienced, high time on type so much so they negotiated their own contract at a very good rate much to the annoyance of the contract placement outfits. :cool:

To be so lucky - no middleman taking the spoils and leaving the drivers with sh.......t! :*

kwaiyai
16th Mar 2003, 11:02
Hi Papee,
I certainly got my job now because not enough locals to fill the position. I hope the same happens with Air Asia as would be very happy to work for them, but not if taking a job away from local.
Regards:cool:

Idunno
17th Mar 2003, 00:12
FarQ2, Been there, Done that, Got the Lah T-Shirt and now have a far better job elsewhere on proper Western money and conditions. They can keep it.

Just found the hypocrisy a bit much to swallow. Malaysian men marrying western women getting PR in western countries. Western men marrying Malaysian women getting no such rights in Malaysia.

IMHO western countries should start applying the principal of reciprocity instead of the current 'open arms' policy.

You get as good as you give....seems fair to me.

Cypher
17th Mar 2003, 23:56
Just found the hypocrisy a bit much to swallow. Malaysian men marrying western women getting PR in western countries. Western men marrying Malaysian women getting no such rights in Malaysia.

I agree with you Idunno.

My mother is Malaysian.. I was born elsewhere, however I have no rights whatsoever in Malaysia... If she was a European, I could have gone for the whole friggin nine yards for citizenship...

And where I live, New Zealand, thats a perfect example of 'open arms policy' where I have to compete with people born overseas that can hold jobs in their own country as well as come after my own job in New Zealand!!! Wheres the fairness in that!?!

Some will say that the immigrants work harder therefore deserve to prosper, but friggin heck I've worked hard as much as the next man to get where I am, but I don't have the right to work in two countries!

Cross Check
18th Mar 2003, 03:43
Hej Cypher.

You're a slightly different kettle of fish though - 1st generation born out of the country - of course that would be a more tenuous link than marrying a local lass (ask ya father). I agree the terms of reciprocity are hardly equal though - better if your father had been the Malaysian, but then ces't la vie. :{

Mind you though, if KL was where you wanted to go, having half a link back to the country is better than no link at all - you need to work out the right "pitch" like an instructor's "patter". You have one advantage many others don't - I'm sure you can find out "how it all goes" ... if you wanted to :ok:

PILOST
18th Mar 2003, 06:00
Cypher, be very careful what you wish for.

Presently the laws here state that dual nationality is a big no no.Yeah, you could come back & get your citizenship (a long or short process, depending on the circumstances) & get a job here categorised as a local, but then you have to give up your kiwi citizenship....... :} & the pay is nothing to shout about too!

Personally, I have no problems with men from other nationalities getting their PR & working here.However the job market here generally, are pretty tight, so it's 'survival of the fittest!' :D

Safe Flying All.
:cool:

PILOST

Cypher
18th Mar 2003, 08:38
PILOTST

Cypher, be very careful what you wish for.

Yeah you are right.. be bloody careful what I wish for.. a job would be a good start! :}

But from the looks of it.. it looks to be pretty easy to get your NZ PR once you got your Malaysian anyway!! They're taking people here left right and centre!

Cross Check..
yes it is a different kettle of fish.. but from what I understand.. most 1st generation British born here in NZ can apply for a British Passport before the age of 21!! I believe that rule applies for most European nationalites..