PDA

View Full Version : Come On EZY Ops/Crewing - stand up for yourselves..!!

Sean Dillon
13th Jan 2003, 11:11
There is more than one thread on this website from hugely disgruntled EZY staff, mainly flightdeck, the "Hot Topic" as Alan Partridge would say, amongst others, seems to be rostering....

The one thread I can't get over is the staff that want the easyJet advertisements taken off, as they don't agree with them....wow!!

What do you guys writing the rosters have to say in your defence...EZY use to be a good airline to work for so there must be some experienced Crewing/Rostering staff in that orange shed or have you all moved on to better things...

Are you standing up for yourselves within the company, communication seems to be a huge problem....

How about all you STN lot, what do you think of it so far..? I was always under the impression GO was very sound under Barbara Cassani who kept a very happy ship, so you chaps must notice a slight change ?!!!!

Is this just the same old bunch of trouble makers that will never be happy no-matter where they work or is it the general feeling through out ? Why don't these chaps/chapesses go get other jobs if things are that bad - a B737 is a fantastic type to have, or is that the problem, this IS the same old bunch of trouble makers who aren't employable else-where!??

So, theirs a few arguments for you - we've heard from the flight deck, now how about EZY land..?...Someone in EZY must be happy surely ? if you are, I think now would be a good time to speak up, cos by the sound of things - you need to be desperate to work for EZY.....

You splitter
13th Jan 2003, 15:15
Yep the pilots seem to be a bit unhappy at the moment judging by their threads.

I'm not a rosterer, nor at EZY land, but one thing I can tell you is that (normally) rostering practices such as days on/ days off are set at a higher level. The boys and girls actually producing the rosters are, at a guess, just following company policy as laid down to them. At the moment it sounds like the company policy is to roster pretty much to the limits of their FTL scheme. i.e 7 on 2 off.
Therefore the 'blanket' critisisims laid down by a few pilots is a tad unfair.

Maybe an EZY ops person could comment on your T & C's and pay?

mjenkinsblackdog
14th Jan 2003, 08:30
i heard large numbers of go rostering people were leaving!
Is this true!:cool:

Orangewing
14th Jan 2003, 09:22
The silence is deafening. Perhaps that tells you something, Sean?:mad:

JB007
14th Jan 2003, 14:09
The silence speaks volumes!!!!

Best of luck to NW and team at GOE Rostering....I suspect a very good move mate!!!

You splitter
14th Jan 2003, 15:13
:( Was hoping someone would break the silence and maybe try and at least put a few things for you guys but it looks like orangwing et al could be right.

Maybe the policy is; 'keep your head down and keep out of it'.

Looks like the only light at the end of the tunnell for Go and Easy pilots was NW. That torch has just been extinguished!

Good luck those that remain........ :rolleyes:

chequesplease
14th Jan 2003, 19:20
Ghost
"Leave crewing out of it" Crewing are in it up to their necks, a tough job it may be but you try telling your family about the continual changes that are making home life and social life totally impossible. My roster is like a war zone, 4 changes for any one day is not uncommon, what is going on? please don't blame the sickness levels as these changes are generally given days in advance and it only goes to show that the harder you work the more susceptible you are to sickness. It really is time this mess was sorted out or the guys and gals will be walking the walk, has management any idea of the problems or are they going to wait for indusrial action before minds are concentrated?
I consider myself a moderate but will not hesitate to take action as this has been allowed to go on far too long, "it was never meant to be like this"
rant over :mad:

You splitter
15th Jan 2003, 09:52
chequesplease,

I can sympathise with your sentiments regarding your roster that looks like a "war zone", although Im not sure I undertsand what you mean when you say "crewing are in it up to their necks".

I used to work crewing and believe me I took no joy in disrupting peoples home lives, taking fathers away from their childrens b/dfay parties etc etc.

At the end of the day crewing can only work with what they are given. I would suggest that if crews rosters are being changed to the extent you have suggested then this is probably a symptom of several factors including:

a) poor rostering practices in the first place. i.e continous rostering of rest periods close to the min required resulting in changes when the previous days flying runs high.

b) crew stengths lower than actually required. You may have enough numbers to make the paperwork add up but do you have enough to cover the eventualities that disrupt our working life each day

c) an unsually large amount of disruption to the flying program. e.g 25 mins to turnround a 737, no room for catch up if it goes pear shaped at the begining of the day = late running crew, high duty hours etc.

Finally your point on sickness and that changes are given days in advance. With the greatest resepect one Captain going sick on a Monday can have repercussions for three or four other Captains over the next seven days. If the Captain who replaces the sick staff memebr is out of hours for next day he needs replacing, and so on and so on....... However again this is probably due to not having the enough resources in the first place!

All of these factors are not the making of the everyday Crewing or Ops bod who are simply just trying to do their job with the resources and policy given to them, even if they do sympathise.

The issues you have are with the managment! Don't lump all of us on the ground in the same boat!

Good luck

p.s Im not easyjet so above is just a general view which may or may not apply to the boys in orange!

BIG E
24th Jan 2003, 23:58
To all

It is unlikely you will receive much of a response from the ezy guys as their usernames are known to management(nuff said already)suffice to say life is not at all rosy with many staff looking for alternate employment which is a great shame as there are a lot of good experienced people who have simply had enough.

chequesplease

you display a degree of ignorance and a lack of understanding in your post,may i suggest a visit to the ops dept so you can see for yourself the problems crewing are faced with?

brummie
25th Jan 2003, 12:38
BIG E

Glad u said it m8! Yep, no comment out of the EZY ops/crewing camp as we are all being watched......

BUT for the record, everything here is great......
......... and i'm REALLY looking forward to the summer as it'll make the "carman" days seem as fun as a night in a brothel!!!

BHX
:confused: :confused: :confused:

FlapsOne
26th Jan 2003, 18:19
brummie

You've been going to the wrong brothels mate!

I'll give few tips on company VHF next time you're on.

ghost-rider
27th Jan 2003, 00:19
it'll make the "carman" days seem as fun as a night in a brothel!!!

Hmm ! Brum, I wonder wot 'Bird' would think of that !! :D :D :D

Chequesplease ... I deleted my original response to you. Your arrogance and ignorance deserved it. :mad:

Flaps One ... this place feels like a brothel - each shift I come to work, it costs me to get here, and I leave feeling as if I've just been shafted ! :confused:

Maybe that's the reason for my itchy feet !!! :(

jumpseater
27th Jan 2003, 21:41
ghost, the itchy feet are probably due to the CRABS whom as I'm sure you know, frequent brothels :p

crundale
21st Jun 2003, 18:18
I see they have been recruiting again - is this due to more walkouts / resignations or are they expanding the department?
Have things improved in the orange crewing world?

deskjob
23rd Jun 2003, 08:20
Surely, the situation isn't helped by having to apply for basically tour own job.... and awaiting a re-shufffle of some dead wood, that may or may not be removed.

Whiplash
6th Jul 2003, 21:37
From what i've heard there seems to be a real divide between ex GO and ezy bods????
Being an ex-GO rosterer and having worked with NW for many years i can understand why you guys were holding out for NW to elleviate some of the rostering issues. However i don't think that he would have been given the opportunity to change things. The orange way or no way!!!!
Good luck guys!!!
p.s i'm not orange its just the fake tan.........:cool:

PPRuNe Towers
7th Jul 2003, 20:05
Great to see you here W. Perhaps for your next post you can tell the folks the story of how you got your name:} :}

Regards
Rob

Whiplash
7th Jul 2003, 20:21
Hi PT, the story........ uuummmm now could it have anything to do with ATH??? Or was that a different story.......:O

Banzai Chap
9th Jul 2003, 15:38
Yes Whiplash, comments from inside and outside
EZYLAND seem to suggest a shambles. I heard they
tried to tempt a highly respected Crewing Manager
to come and sort them out but didnt get back to him after the interview!. Absolute insult to a person highly respected in the Industry

;)

im going in
9th Jul 2003, 17:11
Banzai Chap

I'm sure yr agree the crewing manager better off where he is now.

Chef
13th Jul 2003, 09:40
From someone not working for ezy, they are having it tuff and i dont know what the hell has happened, perhaps the MBO by cassani and her team would have been the best for all.

Anyone know why BB departed, seemed a decent sort of chap?:confused: