PDA

View Full Version : B A Club Lounge - Gibraltar

bealine
13th Jan 2003, 08:16
I received a complaint yesterday regarding our Gibraltar Club Lounge and it's lack of facilities:

1. Tea and Coffee stone cold one and a half hours before flight ( the time the club pax would be checking in!)

2. Lack of cleanliness

3. No pc power points / telephone sockets or internet access

Anyone else had experience of Gibraltar Club Lounge and would care to comment before I pass the complaint on?

HZ123
13th Jan 2003, 10:32
Is it not called the Peninsular Lounge and is actually GB airways lounge as it is also used by Monarch Crown passengers.

I have always though it quaint with a reasonable selection of wines and spirits. Much of the problem is surely the lack of investment and confusion over the island's airport future. However it does not excuse poor service.

Globaliser
13th Jan 2003, 13:45
One difficulty I had, not having been there before - I did a day trip, and was checked in for both sectors at LGW.

When I got to GIB for the return half, I naively took myself straight through security. It was then a bit of a detective job trying to work out where the lounge was that BA used (there was nobody to ask once airside) and how to get in through the code locked door (I piggybacked, eventually).

I know I should have stopped off at the check in desks anyway to ask. I'll do that next time at a "new" airport. But maybe something could be done to help the unwary.

The lounge itself was fine, though - I had no complaints.

Cathar
13th Jan 2003, 17:54
I've used the lounge on a couple of occasions (most recently in September). I found it clean and pleasant. The coffee was fine and as HZ123 says there was a reasonable selection drinks. I can recommend the Fino.

Its only a small airport with very limited services, it is perhaps unreasonable to expect an all singing all dancing lounge with internet access etc.