PDA

View Full Version : good work & study

Jewel
13th Jan 2003, 01:07
So its the beggining of a new year and time to pick electives and new subjects. Anyone work for Qantas or someone and know what they like to see on your resume? Im talking part time work and languages and stuff. I currently study Japanese but would like to pick up another language. Is Cantonese better or Mandarin?
Sorry for the 20 questions but i need to decide what im gona do with my year.
Thanx.

cloud nine
13th Jan 2003, 01:24
Jewel,

It really depends on what the prefered language is that QF are looking for at the time of recruitment.

c9

Jewel
13th Jan 2003, 03:45
Well which is better at the moment? Qantas say they are looking for Japanese, Mandarin and Cantonese speakers. Which is more common (and easier for me :) ? Does anyone speak either of these languages?

AViON calling!!
16th Jan 2003, 03:32
As mentioned above it all depends on what languages QF are looking for at the time as it changes from intake to intake. My feelings are you can never go wrong with an Asian language.
Australian Airlines are recruiting right now for people with advanced levels of all 3 languages you mentioned. Some of QF japanese flights have been allocated to AO so I'm not sure how much of an impact this has had on the Japanese speakers at QF, and if they have more than required at the moment.

I know that QF still fly to Tokyo but do they still fly to other Japanese ports from other cities in Australia? AO are doing KIX, NGO & FUK but only from CNS. Do QF still operate these from elsewhere.