PDA

View Full Version : QF Ground School

cloud nine
13th Jan 2003, 00:07
Hi all,

In yesterday's newspaper I read an artical on a certain female swimmer who has been in the public eye. The article claims that she is to start her ground school training with QF in a months time. The paper also stated that she is unsure if she will be flying LH or SH.

I am interested to know if anyone else has been given a date for ground school.

I know of 10 people that have made it through to stage 4 and have completed the medical and police checks, but not one of those candidates have heard what the outcome is from QF.

I'd like to know how you can be "unsure" if you are starting LH or SH training. My belief is that if you were to get an actual start date, that you would be told what type of flying you will be doing.

Something sounds a bit odd here.......

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jewel
13th Jan 2003, 00:44
Hi. Sorry for the really dumb question but what and where is ground school?

cloud nine
13th Jan 2003, 00:58
Thats okay, is not a dumb question.

Ground school is when training starts for Flight Attendants. It consists of about 4 to 6 weeks of class room training, alot of study, and also doing mock-up evacuations in a mock aircraft.

If you pass the exams, then your able to start your flying.

Hope this explains it all;)

cabinboy
13th Jan 2003, 06:35
hey cloudy,

i dare say because this "swimmer" has such a big profile in the media she was given the ok by QF to announce to the media that she will be becoming a QF f/a, I reckon QF have told her only and no-one else at this stage.

I wonder if they would hire me if I had the same background as this swimmer ? I didn't know QF looked for people with Drink Driving charges and numerous psychotic outbursts as flight attendants ?

I am still questioning if this decision to hire her is a good one. It cetainly has already been doing the rounds in the galley already !

peanut pusher
13th Jan 2003, 11:17
I can garantee that she has not been given any sort of ok, her references weren't even checked until Friday and she has not had her executive review. She's a little ahead of herself, many questions being asked this morning from way above.

Adde
13th Jan 2003, 17:20
Does one need a driving's license to become cabin crew with QR?

doohan
14th Jan 2003, 15:23
This so called anonymous person was also in the stage 1 selection process back in 2000 when Ansett were recuruiting. I know this... cause she was in my class!!!

Appearently she never made it past stage 1.

Anyway... good luck to her, hopefully she has made a full recovery and will not tarnish the great image QF have.

:p :p :p

Adde
15th Jan 2003, 21:41
Sorry, I missunderstood and thought it said QR. :)

My apologies!

AViON calling!!
16th Jan 2003, 03:06
Who? Who? Who?

Oh how I hate it when I cant figure out who you are talking about. Guess I'll just have to wait for the gossip as you couldn't possibly post any more clues here, could you?

Wonderworld
16th Jan 2003, 09:56
Oooohhh

Nothing like letting a person prove themselves before sinking the knives in is there!!