PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch Career

oceanicclarence
12th Jan 2003, 18:10
Hi all. Basically im a PPL with IMC and Night ratings looking to start a career as a Dispatcher (currently working in the motor industry) id like to do a full time course in the USA as id like to work there when i graduate, can anyone tell me, is the US FAA qualification well regarded in the UK ? what is the job market like both here and in the US ? i need any and all information ! ps if anyone here ever gets to Teesside, give me a shout and ill take you up ! cheers guys.

DUCKMAN052001
13th Jan 2003, 12:58
In the US you need to be at age 23 and pass a dispatch course at a school in the US. The major schoold are at Embery Riddle (in Florida), Scheffied (in Florida and Utah), and Flight Control Academy (in Tuscon Arizona). Those three are the major schools. All schools have a 6 week couse the leads up to the FAA dispatch test (also know as the ATP test for pilots) and the practicle knowledge test. Most schools will help with finding you a job, but the market for the majors is pretty low right now. you could find you self a job with bizjets or a small regional carrier.

For my self I went to Flight Control Academy in Tuscon, I felt that they were the best suitable for training. Plus the class size there is small so there is a closed teacher to student ratio.:cool: