PDA

View Full Version : Former CCB killer confesses part in Machel death.

The Claw
12th Jan 2003, 15:43
News24 mentions that Hans Louw claims to have taken part in the death of former Mozambican President Samora Machel. "He was allegedly part of a clean-up team tasked tasked with insuring the then Mozambican president died. However, the back-up team was not activated as the orginal plan-to lure the plane off course by using a false beacon-worked."

"He apparently also took part in a team that lured an Angolan military plane off course, again using a false beacon, causing a crash that killed key figures in the Angolan miltary in 1989." (Does anyone have details?)

(www.news24.com)

Can anyone help convince me that this is possible? Surely you don't place all your faith in a beacon? Contingency plans etc.? What about the threat to other aircraft etc. ? :confused:

SortieIII
12th Jan 2003, 18:03
:rolleyes: I think it is likely that Mr. Louw is trying to divert attention away from his trial.

Some facts to support these allegations would be welcome, but are unlikely to be produced.

Until such time as they are, I'll stick to the findings of the board as being the most likely cause of the crash

Gunship
14th Jan 2003, 06:35
Ok guys and girls ... I know SA had sometimes dirty tricks and all but I get the feeling this guy is trying to take out the easy way. I am not judge AND jury but I was one of the first people on the scene and I will never, ever forget what I saw.

If it was a dirty trick ... I must admit ... it was one of the "best" I have seen / witnessed the World has seen ... and you know what I mean by "best" :rolleyes:

Must admit - I felt nothing for the "rooi gevaar" / communist bodies lying there as I did a Casevac there a day or two earlier in which a Buffel hit a landmine and South Africans where killed - strangely within sight of each other.

captain69
15th Jan 2003, 11:14
Hi,
What is a Buffel

The Claw
15th Jan 2003, 17:05
A Buffel (Buffalo) is a mine/small arms protected troop carrier (APC)developed around the Unimog chasis.

Guns & Sortie

I also think Mr Louw is talking BS.......

Gunship
15th Jan 2003, 20:05
Claw,

I still think he is just dpoing it to get out - listen I would have done the same ... take a chance instead of sitting 20 odd years !