PDA

View Full Version : CAS to Bite the Dust??

Roo Dog
12th Jan 2003, 13:59
It would seem students at CAS are being told it's all over. Just feel damn sorry for the people who may have paid up front with all the good intentions of battling their way to a start in this great career and for some of the very credible instructors that have graced those corridors.

Who is surprised though. It would appear it has been coming for a while and particularly when a certain face appeared in those corridors that just seems to breed trouble where ever it goes.:mad:

Ang737
12th Jan 2003, 21:31
CAS ? Stand for ?

Curse Aviation Schools

hoss
12th Jan 2003, 23:35
Is this the school the ex CP from QF (Capt RH) is involved in or is that another one?

Safe flying, hoss

takeoff1
12th Jan 2003, 23:51
Could this be because it had some of old's Navair's personnel there.

No Wonder!

Feel sorry for the guys who have lost their money, I know how they feel, being an ex Navair student myself...

8 8th's Blue
13th Jan 2003, 03:02
A heard lesson to learn, but people(students) shouldn't be expected to pay big sums of money up front. Give a training organistion 10 grand up front and shortly after discover you either dislike the course,school,instructors, policies, a/c whatever, or they go broke and be prepared for drama's when obtaining a refund. I got this advice a while back from a CFI when I did my instructor rating. Professional advice from a professional flying school. I offered to pay up front and was told only a small deposit to confirm my place 2 weeks prior (around 5% of the total course cost) was all they wanted.

GearOff
13th Jan 2003, 07:09
From what I've heard BD will be running his own show in the Navair building with students/staff who wish to continue being moved to there. Possible name change and MT will be focussing on Coffs Harbour now.

B767MAD
22nd Jan 2003, 23:34
That's correct GearOff ... MT will be looking after Coffs with no involvement at BK.
Movement to the Navair building due early FEB. BH and most staff moving across also. Name change after 3 months or so when CASA get around to the new AOC - SFTC. Sydney Flight Training Centre.

But to squash the rumours - it isn't shutting down. Just a change of management and building.

That's all my mates been able to tell me ...

giddy up
23rd Jan 2003, 06:17
Dedicated to a certain ground instructor at BK...

"Tears, Crying, Wish i never flew with CAS"

:D

skyfox
26th Jan 2003, 04:49
Good call giddy

I flew there too and what an episode that was... i feel the same...

glad I woke up when i did.

imabell
28th Jan 2003, 11:57
are you saying that this school "cas" is closing down and not honoring its obligations to those who have paid up front.

is this what is in store for the students that sign up for a course
at coffs or bk with these same people.

can we expect that they will bolt with the hard earned dollars of our future pilots once again.

Stormrider
12th Feb 2003, 00:27
Dishonouring students who've paid up front would be a pretty stupid thing to do considering all of CAS's current students are expected to continue flying with SFTC.

All these students will (should?) notice is a change of scenery. The majority of CAS training staff and resources will simply be relocated to the old Navair hangar - once it dries out!

Or so I hear....

:E